Not another one!!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by badshotlal, Apr 23, 2009.

1. badshotlal

badshotlal New Member

:rolleyes:

Good day, or evening, or afternoon (think that gets it?),

I'm a 'newbie" -- first post on this or any other .22 rimfire site. Got a hair-brained idea ( and I ain't got the hair to spare -- sounds like a song...). :cool:
    Where was I? O yea, thinking about buying that Savage Mk. 1, H.B "target" rifle, and having someone (perhaps someone here in Wichita), re-stock it from a walnut blank I have . Don't know enuff to say which walnut!:(
    There will be issues I hope to forecast. This blank may not have the beauty I think I see -- and one corner has like blue, green, hint of red -- all subdued, but there.
    Now, I wind up with $800, give or take, and it may, or may not shoot, and the stock may, or may not be nothin' but firewood -- verrrrrrry expensive firewood!!!:eek:
    I'm almost 65, have shallow pockets, and fight a genetic and degenerative tremor issue; but still plan to keep shooting. This is a stupid idea.
    SOMEONE TELL ME IT'S A STUPID IDEA!!:(
    While I got your ear, does anyone know a good stockmaker, like retired and supplenting income, or just going mainstream and still out of the proverbial garage?
    One other question just popped into my mind -- it had to look real hard:D
    A Bern chamber, as I seem to understand, is tighter than a SAAMI, but will chamber commercial cartridges, which, as I understand, a "target" chamber will not. Am I close.
    If so, do you know a quick run-down of those with Berns?
    Thanks so much for giving me your time. Hope you and yours are well.

God Bless

badshotlal

2. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you!