The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes a feeble, forgetful mind can be a good thing. For the last 3 or four years I have devoted most of my time to reloading and shooting my handguns, with 90% being my semi-autos. Did a carload of 9mm, a big bunch of 45 ACP and some 380 and 32 ACP. But today, having a glut of handloads on hand I was bored and digging in my shop, and found one 50 cal ammo can, one 30 cal ammo can, one coffee can full of 22 long rifle ammo! I counted 49 miscellaneous boxes of 22 lr, with few partials. I have always tried several different brands with each new 22 gun I get so I have ammo from every manufacturer I could find (even have some Remington!). I also found the jar of my Paco Kelly Acu'Rzer processed rounds, maybe 250. There was even 11 boxes of 17 HMR. (Man I'm losing it! 73 year old mind getting feeble). This was "normal everyday shootin' ammo" and I have (and I do remember) my 5 gal bucket full of 22 lr bricks plus 10-12 single boxes that I keep with my "JIC" supplies. Not bragging about how much ammo I have (nanny, nanny, nanny!), just commenting on my ability to put something away and forget it for 5 years.:confused: Duh...

Now I just gotta find my 22 guns. Hmm, 10-22? Contender? Single six? Marlin bolt gun? Ruger MkII? Heritage Single Action? Savage bolt gun? I think I still own them..:duh:

Just an old shooter talkin'..

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Now that Fall is drawing to a close and Winter will be here soon you better get busy 'testing' all those new-found .22's............

ENJOY

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Welll, not that you would but, you don't have to panic about a 22 ammo shortage....:D

I can appreciate that. I KNEW I had an ammo can full of 7.62 X 39.....I just didn't KNOW where it was. At that time I kept our leaf vac in my basement shop.....and had an ammo can serving as a block under the tongue. Guess which ammo can......

·
Super Moderator
38,529 Posts
I kinda know what you mean. It was not all that long ago, I was looking for a few rounds of ammo to send to 2A-Jay for his display. In the bottom of my gun cabinet, of all places, I found one bandoleer and two boxes of .303 British, three new boxes of 45/70, two bricks of Thunderbolts, a 100 round box of .380, five boxes of 5.56 tracers, a military type ammo pouch with six magazines full of 5.56 ammo, and sundry other boxes of ammo. I am going to try to keep all that in mind for future reference. I have found all that stuff twice before and then quickly forgot about them.

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Here are a couple of ammo lockers in my gun room. Some of the .22 stuff I picked up back in 2007 when some dealer was going out of business.

My great grand kids will be shooting this stuff. IF it is CHEAP (inexpensive) I buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Here are a couple of ammo lockers in my gun room. Some of the .22 stuff I picked up back in 2007 when some dealer was going out of business.

My great grand kids will be shooting this stuff. IF it is CHEAP (inexpensive) I buy it.
That’s a fair start you have there.....;)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
i know where every bit of ammo is in my reloading room, and can put my hands on any of it any time. the thing i am having a problem with is this strange woman that will not leave me alone. she keeps telling me when to take my med's to sit down, when to eat and other stuff. who is she? whats her name?

rick

·
Registered
470 Posts
We must be related cause I married her sister !!!
i know where every bit of ammo is in my reloading room, and can put my hands on any of it any time. the thing i am having a problem with is this strange woman that will not leave me alone. she keeps telling me when to take my med's to sit down, when to eat and other stuff. who is she? whats her name?

rick

S

·
0 Posts

rick
lol, I get the same routine from my sweetheart

·
Registered
470 Posts
I did plan ahead on one thing , our anniversary . We got married on St. Patrick's day so when I start seeing 4 leaf clovers I start looking for a gift !!!! Now if I can just remember her birthday .

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
You mean your wives will actually GO INTO your loading/ammo storage/gun room/man space? You mustn't be so tidy. Joyce won't hardly set foot in mine.......:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts