not mad...just sad

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 12:24:28 am)
    Reply not mad ... just sad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well folks... i talked earlier about my mom and that terrible lawsuit (in the bad family thread). a week ago today, we went and visited with mom. she was out of the hospital and the best she had been in months. we took her out to a meal of her choice: benihanas. she got dressed up, dolled up, and even put on perfume. we went out and had a great time. before i left, we got to hug and tell each other that we loved each other.

we also talked about life. with the lawsuit over and knowing that we still love each other, she said "next time, don't put me in that hospital. it's too hard on me to be in that hell. i can't fight like that anymore."

after we left, her condition went from happy and great to starting to get sick. after the new year, she worsened. yesterday, she went into the hospice care and today she fights no more. only happy things for mom here on out. mom had a very peaceful time, with no pain or struggling. dang, i've been knowing this time would come... a lot more recently. but nothing eases the pain we feel when a loved one leaves us.

i'd like to thank y'all for your thoughts and prayers already given. my thank list includes zigzag, warpiggy, tuckered, unigel, tall"T"lynn, GG, pickenup, ballistic, Tac, 1952sniper, and shooter22. i'll also thank those who read my posts and had their pown private thoughts without sharing them. you guys and gals somehow gave me the desire to go and visit mom last week. her caregiver, the doctors, even her ... all would have said that i didn't have to come out so quickly. but i just wanted to be with my mom... when you just want to be with someone, you can't help it.

anyhow... i'm bugging out to vegas again in the morning. thanks for your thoughts... past, present, and future. don't spend too much time thinkin about me... we all need to be prayin for our sons and friends headed for harm's way.

still smilin... you should always smile... even with tears in your eyes,
    chris in sandy eggo

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/6/03 1:07:44 am)
    Re: not mad ... just sad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris,

My sincerest sympathy, thoughts & prayers for your
    Mom, You & Yours, I can relate to your feelings on
    this one.

Regards, Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Striker14376
    (1/6/03 4:52:50 am)
    FNG here. I just want you to know that all our deepest sympathies are with you. I'm only 18, but I'm been to one too many funerals in those 18 years. My grandma passed about 6 days after my birthday in '98. Let this be a lesson to all ya'll:don't take people for granted, I learned that the hard way.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 9:24:44 am)
    Reply Re: not mad ... just sad
    Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. But at least you did get to spend a nice day with her and take her out. It sounds like you're a good son, and she knows that. I wish only the best for you.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 10:51:12 am)
    Smile on your face and Happiness in your heart.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 11:14:37 am)
    Treasure the memories, try to forget the sadness.

Sorry for your loss. I recently lost my Father, and there was some similar in-family problems involving my Aunt, my brother, and me. All is said and done now, water under the bridge as they say.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 4:05:21 pm)
    Chris-

While it is difficult, know deep in your heart that she now resides in a place free from the pain and anguish she so long endured.

Regards, ruffitt

"And flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest".
    William Shakespeare - Hamlet, Act V, Scene III

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/6/03 5:16:46 pm)
    Aw Chris, I am very sorry. I know your hurting, but remember this, she is no longer hurting. Make all you thought of her only happy thoughts. The love you two had and the memories are what will keep you going. Maybe your mom and mine can get together and tell stories to the rest of heaven about us.

Chris, you need anything let me know.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/8/03 11:40:33 am)
    Praying for you and your family Chris.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/8/03 3:02:02 pm)
    My sympathies to you and your family may you all find comfort that she suffers no more and yes we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. And even in your own hour of need it is very thoughtful that you also consider those heading into harms way.
    cointoss2

SouthernMoss
    (1/8/03 9:35:21 pm)
    Chris, your devotion to your mother is a testament to what a very special lady she obviously was. Hang on to the good memories...that way you'll always carry a part of her in your heart.

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 2:09:47 am)
    thanks y'all.

dang fine group of folks here!! i'm pulling through... and the family is, too. my mom seems to have touched everyone in her life.

hangin in there...
    chris in sandy eggo

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 7:20:49 am)
    You have my most sincere condolences.

twins

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/9/03 9:19:17 am)
    Shes' no longer in pain and remember your time with her with joy Chris. God go with you and your family.

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 1:33:06 am)

Quote:
    mom had a very peaceful time, with no pain or struggling

Thank God for small favors? I do.