Now is the time to go to work.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by flannelman, May 2, 2009.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I went to a conservative group meeting Tuesday night that sprang up from the tea parties. One of the guys there said getting out anc campaigning for a good canidate and voting was just the start. After the election is when the work really begins. Now is when we must moak our voices heard! If our officials have not been listening to us then we must step up our efforts. There are more than enough issues out there that each one of us could call or write our officials once a week. I challenge each of you to begin writing and calling if you haven't already and to step up your efforts if you have. Let us take back our country!

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

One local Conservative Republican group is working on ways to teach people the art of debate. Face it, this is our biggest gap. The Leftists don't debate; they just call names and conduct character assassination. Look at Miss. CA if you need further reference of how character assassination is successfully performed. Perez Hilton and MSNBC attempted that on a grand scale with name-calling. Conservatives are too humble and honest to flagrantly call names and go after peoples' character without merit. Instead, we use talking points as a general rule. Talking points only go so far folks. You need to know what the hell you're talking about and get engaged to absolutely slaughter the opposing argument with irrefutable fact. Get engaged, get educated on the issues and don't be shy to voice your opinions. The liberals will be taken TOTALLY by surprise with a bombardment of fact. I know because I do that regularly. ;) They shy away and get very quiet. Occasionally, they will agree on some facets of my argument. Inevitably, they make blanket statements like, "well, anyone can twist the facts" when I usually respond, "so why haven't you found a way to twist them to your favor if they're not cast in stone?". :D All of us should take a greater interest in the world around us. We've seen that ignorance is easily propagated when the populace doesn't care. It's time to get the populace engaged and interested so that we won't be taken by storm in the future by empty promises and objectives to deride the founding principles of our Constitution!!!! :mad:

3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?