NRA banquet.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysacres, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A few days ago I was asked to help reserecuret the local NRA banquet that has been absent in the area for a few years. The organizer (joe) got tried of doing all the leg work himself and ask me if I would be willing to help him bring the banquet back to life, apparently past "helpers" didn't do much work.
    I think Joe chose me because I have won many guns at the previous banquets and have lots of contacts around the neighboring villages to acquire donations and memberships.
    I'm contemplating this endeavor, it would require securing a place to have the banquet, selling tickets, collecting donations from local retailers, setting up the banquet room with the various games, drawings and raffles, monitoring the live auction and handing out the raffle prizes.
    I know that everyone at TFF will say "Go for it"... A part of me says this would be a great thing to support our cause, The question I'm asking myself is do I have the energy for such a task.

Do the make a 5 month energy drink???

BlackEagle likes this.
  2. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Moderator Supporting Member

5 months! WOW! That will take you into your pla ting season won't it?

ysacres likes this.

3. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a good point T1, I didn't ask joe when he wanted to have this shindig :oops:

tuckerd1 likes this.
  4. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I chaired our local Friends of the NRA Dinner a few times several years back. The regional NRA rep will have a very organized format that you follow.

ysacres likes this.