NRA-ILA Wa Post - More Gun Control

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by drymag, Jan 6, 2018.

1. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

Looks to me that they can keep their guns but can't have any magazines that hold 10 rounds or more.
    That means only 5 round magazines until they make 9 round magazines. They must be drinking form the same Fienstein wine bottle.

The 2018 Washington Legislative Session is set to convene this upcoming Monday, and the Senate Law & Justice Committee has indicated it will hold a public hearing on multiple gun bills on the following Monday, January 15th from 10:00AM-12:00PM. The committee agenda has not yet been posted for which bills will be heard; however, anti-gun legislators have already made it clear they are going to push several sweeping gun control bills this year.

• Senate Bill 5050, sponsored by Senator David Frockt (D-46), and House Bill 1134, sponsored by Representative Strom Peterson (D-21), would prohibit all possession, purchase, sale or transfer of commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds.
    • Senate Bill 5444, sponsored by Senator Frockt, and House Bill 1387, sponsored by Representative Laurie Jinkins (D-27), would impose a registration-licensing system for commonly owned semi-automatic rifles and ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds.
    • Senate Bill 5463, sponsored by Senator Frockt, and House Bill 1122, sponsored by Representative Ruth Kagi (D-32), would require individuals to lock up firearms or potentially face Class C Felony charges. This intrusive government legislation invades people’s homes and forces them to render their firearms useless in a self-defense situation by locking them up.
    • Senate Bill 5992, sponsored by Senator Kevin Van De Wege (D-24), would make it a crime to knowingly possess a firearm accessory or any other device, part or combination of parts that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm.
    • Senate Bill 6049, sponsored by Senator Frockt, would prohibit the possession of ammunition magazines holding ten or more rounds, with limited exceptions.

joe45c and carver like this.
  2. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

We spend a fair amount of time in the Spokane WA area. These bills would be a real pain in the neck since Idaho is still a free state and all of my magazines are over 10 rounds.

I hope and pray that these absurd, and useless bills will be stopped. Spokane is already dangerous enough. If limited to essentially my revolvers, then it just got even more dangerous.

dbcooper, joe45c, carver and 3 others like this.

3. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

All sponsored by dumorats. Isn't that strange?

Gun Geezer, carver, Ksman75 and 4 others like this.
  4. RichR

RichR Active Member

Load capacity magazines is a difficult law to enforce- Colorado passed 10 rounds law, but allows old mags- you can buy large mags in lots of places. Law enforcement does not enforce.

5. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Just tell them it's not a magazine, it's a clip! That oughta confuse the Libby's!

Gun Geezer, joe45c, drymag and 8 others like this.
  6. DunRanull

DunRanull Member

Actually, unless that law has been tightened (unlikely) the mag limit is 15... doable with a pistol but still a PITA since almost all AK/AR/M1A/FAL/H&K mags are 20 and up... The demons took control of the State govt for the first time in decades and THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS PASS several ANTI-GUN laws. I took a blood oath never to vote for another demo-rat when that passed the demon-controlled House, Senate and was signed by the demon-rat governor. Bastages, all of them. We did get rid of a couple of the worst offenders/sponsors but tooooo many remain. I'll vote for a rabid dog before another demon-rat gets the time of day from me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    drymag, carver and Ksman75 like this.
  7. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Everyday I thank God I live where I do.

Stahlrosen, joe45c, drymag and 3 others like this.
  8. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

Dont get complacent. Look at all the Democrats elected in Montana next door to you.

If the Dems want to take over a state, look at Colorado the last 20 years. They are spreading their cancer everywhere and I would venture you probably have some pockets of blue even in Wyoming:

joe45c, drymag, carver and 1 other person like this.
  9. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Washington has not been all that successful at passing new gun laws without them being watered down, in the past few years since I have lived here, maybe the record will live on again!

10. 2A-Jay

Again Inslee is trying to be another Jerry Brown

11. FastReb

FastReb Member

I'd love to be able to tell all you good people trapped behind communist lines in places like WA, CA, IL or NY to sell, get out and come on down here to someplace like TN or TX, where we don't have too many liberal idiots (just enough to remind us what they are), no income taxes and most of our gun laws are pretty sane. The problem is that, even if all the good people would/could move, the liberal idiots would start fleeing what they've created even more than they do now, like the ones that move from CA to AZ or CO, and bring their idiotic ideas with them.

12. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

I can't understand why people keep electing these tax and spend democrats over and over. They have made Cook County Illinois a miserable place to live. The only one that lives good here are government workers with fat pensions and politicians.

Gun Geezer, joe45c, carver and 2 others like this.
  14. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

Saw another nra-ila notice that Sat evening the democrats changed their bills to a "lesser" impact set of bills. Thisis nothing than flashing red then going yellow when yellow was their intent to begin. This yellow bill is a stup for taking guns. If you have your guins in a safe and some one breaks in and takes them then commit crimes, you can be held accountable. Anyone wanting a rifle under 21 (ie 18-20) has to do a background check which sole purpose is to get them on a registry. Does Inslee shop for panties at the same boutique as fienstein or what?

joe45c, carver and Alaska444 like this.
  15. 2A-Jay

I may be reading it wrong but the 10 round limit may only apply to rifle magazines therefore my 12 round Mags for my Taurus may be legal still. Or grandfathered.

drymag and carver like this.