Numbers seldom lie...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Gun Geezer, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

For a man who declares that he was raised poor & worked his way up to the highest position in the land, an editorial in today's canary cage liner written by a nationally syndicated columnist with reasonably good credentials, caught my attention. They were at least better then the last liberal editorial I read that was written by a NSC who's only credentials were his stint as an Asst. Mgr. of a Pizza Hut. I guess that gives one the expertise to comment in most newspapers about political genre.
    But I digress. The article told about the Obama's post Presidential plans. It described in detail his recent purchase of 3 pieces of real estate around the country. The first was in Washington, D.C. for a mere 5.3 million dollars. The second was a home in California for the paltry sum of 4.5 million, & the third was in his alleged birth place, Hawaii for 8.7 million. For those who are mathematically challenged, that adds up to 18.5 million bucks. And that doesn't include the home he still has in Chicago. For a poor, former Community Organizer who only made $400,000 a year for the last 8 yrs., the numbers just don't add up.
    I used to joke with my wife when we'd see ads for homes that we could never even dream of affording. I'd ask her what our monthly payment would be if we put 10K down on a house listed at 4 or 5 mil. & if we could somehow afford it, how much our annual real estate taxes would be. Then we'd laugh & go back to looking at Tiny Houses.
    It would seem to me that it would be a great opportunity for someone who is good in math, like someone from the IRS, to look into this & at least let inquiring minds know how even a graduate of the Chicago school of Machine Politics can stretch his income this far. Michelle must be the worlds greatest at sticking to a budget. Oh, & that doesn't include the Golfer-in-Chief's Country Club fees at his favorite course in Ranch Mirage, CA., let alone his supply of golf balls for the 270 days he spent out on the links during his presidency. Hope & Change sure worked out well for Barack & Family. How'd it work out for yours?

The_Rifleman, jbmid1, grcsat and 9 others like this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

They might be able to afford them after they put the White House china, silverware, and furniture up for sale on eBay!

3. Yosemite

Yosemite Well-Known Member

His mother was born and raised by a wealthy family, and he was dumped on his wealthy (communist) grandparents when his mother tired of him.

4. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

GG, the story of liar in chief is nothing compared to the Clinton's who, if you remember, left the Whitehouse flat broke. They have done really,really well.

grcsat, flboots, Twicepop and 6 others like this.
  5. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Maybe his buddy George Soras floated him a free no strings attached loan!

dbcooper, jbmid1, Gun Geezer and 8 others like this.
  6. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I recall a lot of money missing from somewhere in DC... I don't remember where, but I do recall a comment I made to a pal of mine that went something like: "Obama should be sitting pretty when he gets out of office..."

jbmid1, Gun Geezer, SilasW and 6 others like this.
  7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Politicians are in the game for the money, just like a prostitute! No body in their right mind spends billions of dollars to land a job that pays $400,000 a year!

8. bsdunek

bsdunek Active Member

I think something like that is more likely. After all, He got to the WH because he was carried along by other. He certainly never earned it - or anything else.

jbmid1, Gun Geezer, SilasW and 4 others like this.
  9. Designer

Designer Well-Known Member

Supposedly Obama earned money by selling his book, but MG! I had no idea that he would have made anywhere near that much!

The dough (and I'm sure there is a LOT MORE) probably was his commission for the huge payments to Iran.

Furthermore, Valerie Jarret probably got at least as much as Obama.

Extremely unlikely the Obama IRS will even begin to wonder about this.

10. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

You would be surprised how much these idiots can make selling Hot Air!:eek:

Gun Geezer, dbcooper, Broot and 3 others like this.
  11. Kody24

Kody24 Well-Known Member

Thin
    I think it's closer to 3 or 4 books. As well as moochies side work including a book or two. Also if the golf industry isn't paying him for advertising they should be. He's on the course more than Arnold Palmer. They have some big investments too. Unfortunately it's all clean on paper. He has the whole IRS to make sure of that. I got curious a while back too

Gun Geezer, carver, dbcooper and 3 others like this.
  12. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Absolutely,politics is nothing but a legalized criminal activity anymore. When you make the law, you don't break the law.

13. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I heard on the news that both are getting 20 million each for their books.

14. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

That's why the IRS is shaking me down for more every payday.

firefighter1635 likes this.
  15. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Welcome to America 2017 where it's the ruling class vs the people. The ruling class being those inside government. Notice I did not specify and particular party.
    The American dream of being talented or inventing something or just plain working hard and "making" it is over. It's been supplanted by getting into political power and then parlaying that into riches.