The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my wife put a new SS Marlin model 60 on layaway for me. She says it comes with a scope. I was wondering what kind of scope? Tasco or Simmons maybe?

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Model 60 came with a un-named 4x20 scope. 20 MM lenses front and back, that taper down to 3/4" inbetween.

Nothing to write home about. But it works good enough to hit the 10 to 8 rings at 100 yds.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ehh I wouldn't worry about it. I'd look into a nice silver scope and a set of S/S rings to match your stainless barrel. Then put the scope that comes with it on an airgun or just have it as a backup. Just an idea...

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I call those scopes pee shooters. They arent much but like said here, they will do ok short range.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You might get a few bucks out of one of those scopes at a flea market or something. The one that came with my 795 was a real hunk of junk. But the one that came with my 60 from 1989 was a Tasco that wasn't nearly as bad. I still have that one but I haven't used it in at least 18 years. It never was real good but it's better than what they put on them now.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm probably just going to toss the scope. I'm not much of a scope fan but thought if it was a halfway decent one I might let it stay.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Just found out that Marlin is using the Centerpoint house-brand (no-name embossed) scopes...

Quality? Better than a thrice-blasted TASCO...

It ain't no Nikon, but it'll do :)

I've got three CP scopes mounted on various rifles...all do quite well :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts