"Obama as 'messiah' " unveiling is CANCELLED!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 4EvrLearning, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96417

Artist cancels Messiah Obama display
    Thousands of emails, calls objected to president wearing crown of thorns

Posted: April 28, 2009
    3:00 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

An artist who planned to unveil a portrait of Barack Obama in a Christ-like pose with a crown of thorns upon his brow has announced he is canceling the event, due to "overwhelming public outrage."

As WND reported, painter Michael D'Antuono had planned to unveil a portrait titled "The Truth," a 30" x 54" acrylic painting on canvas depicting Obama appearing much like Jesus Christ on the Cross, at New York City's Union Square Park tomorrow, marking the president's 100th day in office.

A statement released D'Antuono now claims the artist chose to cancel the event after being flooded with thousands of emails, phone calls, online blogs and other forms of public criticism, all within 48 hours of releasing the controversial image online.

According to the statement, D'Antuono insists that the work was intended purely as a political piece.

"The religious reference was used metaphorically and not to insult anyone's religious beliefs," says D'Antuono. "If that is the effect that my art has had on anyone, I am truly sorry."

Like others in the news who have depicted Obama in Christ-like imagery, D'Antuono originally insisted he wasn't claiming the man is Messiah, but only inviting "individual interpretations."

"'The Truth,' like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder," claims the press release that announced D'Antuono's original plans to unveil the painting.

D'Antuono even invited the public to email him with reactions to the piece, answering his posed question, "What's your truth?"

Many, apparently, responded to his invitation, leading to cancellation of the display.
    ----------------------------------

Interesting development! I sent my e-mail to him today...looks like many beat me to it. Nice to know our voices still matter to SOME!

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I am pleased the artist 'decided' to cancel. One wonders how much choice he actually had? He says he meant it as a 'political piece'. Is this the way perhaps he thinks Barry sees himself?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009

3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i'm afraid it's how his followers see him and i'm sure how he sees him-self . god like and here toi save us .

4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

BS, this guy knew exactly what he was doing when HE put those thorns on obama's head. Now that he's caught some flack about it he put his tail in between his legs and ran. Pussy cat. _hole. He's sorry, i bet,,,,,,, _hole.

5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

How much you want to bet that Barry is pissed that people would have the jimmies to think for themselves enough to get angry at the thought of Barry Hussein being The Messiah:eek::rolleyes:

6. obxned

obxned Active Member

This is good news for Barry. Being seen as the second coming of Christ would have angered his mulim brothers. This would have then required another trip to the middle east for more bowing and butt-kissing.

7. artabr

artabr New Member

It tells us a lot about the artist when it takes thousands of comments to
    clue him in to the fact that this is offensive to millions of people around the world. :mad:

Art

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

He should have made Obama as the reincarnation of Mohammad. He knew muslims would not
    have just complained, they would have killed him.

9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Well-Known Member

I agree.

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Where's the white house response?