OBAMA; LORD OF THE INTERNET

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by rockntractor, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

little by little our freedoms are getting stolen.

I can understand protecting the banks and their own infrastructures....after that hacking of the world bank last year....but to infringe on our privacy is another thing....

sigh

3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well of course, the left already controls just about all of the mainsteam media, then they were looking to reinstate the "Fairness Doctrine" to shut down conservative talk radio (look for that one to come back but with a nicer sounding name), now they want to clamp down on the internet. The puppetmasters can't have anyone speaking out against their boy Barry, now can they?:rolleyes: They get this BS passed, look for the Feds to go scouring the 'net looking for ANY website that says ANYTHING negative about Barry or his cronies, then they shut it down as a "subversive influence" or "threat to national security":mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. KING64

KING64 New Member

The lefties are fearful of the free exchange of information with which they do not agree. That is the whole thing behind the "Fairness Doctrine" as well. The recent closure of one of the major Seattle newspapers, a very liberal rag, saw the Dem's clamoring to take steps to save that paper. Do you suppose they would have done the same thing for a right leaning newspaper?

5. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

What if 'THEY' shut down TFF?

Just read rockintractors thread on the proposed cyber-security act. While I hope our 1st amendment would guard us, I would not put ANYTHING past our current government. Got to thinking. What IF TFF was shut down? I think I would feel lost! This forum is as much a social,generally informative pursuit for me as it is a technical source for firearms. I would really hate to not be able to converse with you guys, and to keep up with the events in your lives. It's funny to think, how can you have friends whom you will probably never meet in person, or even talk to on the phone? For that matter, I don't even know what many of you look like, except for those who have posted pictures of themselves. And yet, 'friends' is the best description I can come up with to describe all of you!
    I don't know if I really even have a point to make here. But yeah, I would feel a tremendous sense of loss if 'THEY' ever shut down TFF.

6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Re: What if 'THEY' shut down TFF?

If "THEY" shut this forum down, I'd imagine that Barry's national ecurity force would be knocking on all of our doors very shortly thereafter to round us all up as dissenters.

7. 94z07

94z07 New Member

well... the Internet is almost global. There are offshore hosting facilities for cheap.

8. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

off shore hosting is not a problem but all you have to do is look at china. with hardware firewalls they censor everything that goes in and out of the country. with a proverbial flip of the switch this website could become unavailable.

9. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

lUnfortunately some of us elected a net-savvy President.......I was waiting for this bit of extremely pernicious legislation anyway. Bet you won't see/read/hear a peep in the MSM, either. Even though they screamed bloody murder/censorship when the GW Bush Administration broached the subject.....

Right now the net poses the greatest threat to political stability the country has seen since the McCarthy era, when anyone questioning his his methods/tactics was immediately branded a "communist or fellow traveler".......And the current Congress, AWA the new administration hasn't been dilatory in applying the same fascist tactics - aka the Big O's admitted enemiesd list.....

Since our government routinely monitors net traffic/messages into and out of the U.S. - and the nature of the net is route messages via nodes and trunks that may pass "offshore" regardless of point of origin or destination, it meets the incredibly vague and broad criterium of "foreign threat" cited in the proposed bill....

Yes a lot of our critical infrastructure is vulnerable to cyber attack - because we made it that way !! All it takes to effect major improvements in security is to pull the f....ing plug ! IOW isolate critical systems as LANS and transfer outside data/commands via hard copy discs or secured/binned dumps that can be scanned prior to installation. This "threat" scenario isn't "new" at all. Hell, there's even a book series, (Dale Brown?) using this as plot material for nearly a decade......

So, R&T, you got it right !! The offshore/foreign/hacker threat is merely the excuse to exercise control of the net. Which means control of interactive communications between individuals and groups. Right now we have a "global community" and "town meetings" on a vast and diverse scale, plus ready access to diverse news and opinions and our Congress Critters. Its too tempting a plum for the control freak President Obama has shown himself to be to resist. And to think we used to believe Tricky Dick Nixon was a control freak..... !!! >MW

10. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

Surprise, surprise.

11. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

This is pure nonsence he'll never shut m..............

hello, is anyone their.

12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Obama, 'Lord' of the Internet? Nah, that's Prince Albert!