Obee says "later" for gun bans

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Lori Mick, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

http://www.newsweek.com/id/193589?from=rss

But Obama and top White House aides have all but abandoned the issue. Emanuel helped orchestrate passage of the original assault-weapons ban when he worked in the Clinton White House. Now he and other White House strategists have decided they can't afford to tangle with the National Rifle Association at a time when they're pushing other priorities, like economic renewal and health-care reform, say congressional officials who have raised the matter. (According to his office, Emanuel couldn't be reached for comment because he was observing the Passover holiday.) A White House official, who asked not to be identified discussing internal strategy, says, "There isn't support in Congress for such a ban at this time." Ben LaBolt, a White House spokesman, says, "The president supports the Second Amendment, respects the tradition of gun ownership in this country, and he believes we can take common-sense steps to keep our streets safe," pointing to $2 billion in new funding for state and local law enforcement in the stimulus package.

2. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Too bad it took a failing economy and a bunch of pirates in rowboats to get Obozo and his merry band of tyrants to leave us alone for now. Of course we all know it won't be long.

3. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I'll take whatever good news I can get, for however long... Thanks for the link, Lori!

4. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Ahhhhhhhh yes, the old ploy of let'em relax and we'll hit'em when we think they've forgotten about us.

Better keep on our toes or it will come again like a thief in the night.

5. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Well, doggone it, Sarge!!! Ya went and took away my 5.283 minutes of good news!!! ;)

6. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good read and news for now, thanks for the link Lori.

7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Good news....for now. But, like a case of the clap, Barry/Eric/Hillary's gun ban WILL be back:rolleyes:

8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Pelosi and "O" should get together.

Last Tuesday, this was her statement.

"On Tuesday, on ABC's "Good Morning America," Pelosi said, "we [members of Congress] have to find some level of compromise" on guns. She noted that the Supreme Court, in District of Columbia v. Heller, ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to guns. But, she said, "We want them registered.""

She is not hiding "her" agenda.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4753

9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

bcj1775 you have to go out and get the clap. I think this will come in the middle of the night disguised in some cfr or hidden in an omnibus bill.

10. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Good news!! However, never turn your back on these people. We must stay vigilant. They simply can't be trusted. TJ

11. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Perhaps they have realized that OBO is the best salesman a gun store could've ever wished for?
    He must be apoplectic over the fact that ammo sales are up what, 700%?
    Backing off is their move to give gun owners some space, in the hopes that hoarding also backs of.

12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Let her register 'em... Put up a neon sign that you have them. When the jackarses decide to confiscate them, feel safe where you are. There are not enough law enforcement officers and/or soldiers willing to enforce this idiotic ploy. Perhaps there aren't enough in total? And if those public servants and military members do choose to enforce storm-trooper confiscation tactics door-to-door... May God be with them and their families. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

That's why Barry wants a national security force. THEN he'll have enough brainwashed manpower to enfore it.

14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

For some reason I'm thinking that some college students in sandals and Che shirts isn't going to provide the motivation for me to relinquish my rights or firearms. Bring 'em! ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  15. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I'll believe him right after I see his Birth Certificate.:D:D