The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
14,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding my regular brands of Federal, Winchester, and CCI. while searching the net I see other brands available but am not sure on their quality or compatability with existing load data.

·
Super Moderator
47,168 Posts
I have started using both Tula and Wolf primer. I have loaded hundreds fo rounds with them and have not had any problems with either brand. Plus, they were cheaper, until recently!!

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
i use winchester primarily, and CCI after that.

lately I have taken to using S&B and tula.

I have loaded a few remington as well.

I'd like to try wolf.. but havn't been able to lay my hands on any primers for a month now.

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
for the record. I really don't consider any 'brand' of primers to be 'off brand' if that co also makes ammo.. especially if I shoot that ammo. :)

I used to wonder about wolf / tula. back when primers were 20$/1000 for wolf and 30/1000 for win.. etc.

then i started thinking about it... heck.. I have no qualms about shooting wolf or tula ammo ( or S&B ) ammo. why then would their primers not be ok.

I mean.

I've never experienced a failure to fire with wolf, tula or S&B ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.