OK, Cruffler types...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/27/02 2:32:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    OK, Cruffler types...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Getting ready to make the initial order of, well, you know, to fill out the gun rack in the store.

I see Wholesale G&A has a 4-fer $189 with one each Polish, Russian, Romanian and Hungarian M44's. Are they worth doing business with or are they just another crapmonger?

What about bulk x54R ammunition? SOG?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/27/02 3:40:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: OK, Cruffler types...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AD, I did some searching and found an old post I read awhile back. After reading this post, especially the reply from "jr1259"(which stuck in my mind) it has scared me away from WG&A. jr1259's reply is about a one on one and personal experence he had with WG&A. Here's the link to the post pub42.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm9.showMessage?topicID=1332.topic.

I have never dealt with them in the past, but I put a lot of weight into what others have to say about their service and products. Thank God for boards like this and others to help keep us informed.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Edited by: Flhunter at: 2/27/02 3:46:56 pm

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/27/02 6:22:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: OK, Cruffler types...
    Evening folks, I've been hearing from several reliable sources that the old Burns Bros a$$hole MO is returning, they changed their name Uknow, cause everyone learned how they were.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/27/02 7:42:16 pm)
    I would check out SOG, AIM, and SARCO. Give T.J. a call at SARCO, and he may be able to make you a deal on a quantity order.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

velvetnsteel
    (3/3/02 4:19:28 pm)
    What did ya decide, Dr? I have experience with Sarco, SOG, and Century and ya get winners and losers from both. But I just send the losers back and raise the noise level and for some reason they find a better one. Good luck!
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/3/02 5:45:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Probably SOG. By the time I add up the rifles, pistols and ammo it comes out to about $3000. I called them and asked if they had any kind of freight-paid deal for that kind of money.... "No. We dont do that."

I bet somebody does...
    www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 9:16:08 pm)
    AD, the trick is to talk to the guy at SOG, not the airhead girl...the guy WILL cut deals sometimes, even for little guys like me, but the girl ALWAYS says "No we can't do that" even if it says so in the AD! She's like a frikkin drone...whatever pops up on the 'puter screen the first time is what you pay...

I've even gotten a $5 hand picked fee from the guy once on some 91/30s...

And if you are ordering handguns, ask to speak to "Cynthia..." If they let you, (sometimes they won't)(she usually works in shipping, but sometimes takes orders) she knows her stuff on the guns they carry and is pretty nice, and is also in charge of the "hand-selecting" on handguns, if you get on her good side, you will absolutely get the best she can find at the time... but swear at her one time and you might as well save your $10 "Handpick" fee...

All I've dealt with so far is SOG, AIM, Centerfire/Clearview Investments, and Century.

And with Century, all I've ordered is "UFIXEMS" and I got exactly what I paid for...I'd worry about ordering anything good from them...

Dunham's Sporting Goods has a "Classic Rifle Section" in their stores, and buy in bulk from Century for hundreds of their stores, and MOST of what they get from them are JUNK. I've seen handguards NAILED on, screwed on with zinc wood screws, cracked stocks, again, sometimes NAILED back together, rust, paint, the works, on similar stuff I've bought from SOG with Century import stamps that were pretty good, go figure...

I think Century is a lot more "loose" with their ratings, SOG and AIM I think only order their "VG" and then further grade them with better standards...
    A tiger never changes his spots.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 10:36:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    We shall see.

I ordered CETME's, Yugo SKS's, Argentine HiPowers, Romanian AK's, Bulgarian Mak's, PA63's, SMLE's, Czech 98's, about 20 M44's, and a blistering buttload of ammunition.

Turns out they got maybe half of it.

You know, there was this strange whistling noise on the phone when I was struggling to get this order placed. I figured it was some wierd long-distance feedback. Now I know.... it was the air leaking from her head.

www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 1:18:27 pm)
    Interestingly I told Cynthia about TFF last time I was there and she said she was going to check in and see what we are saying about her and them, and when I mentioned what we said about one of the order takers she chuckled and said she knew exactly who we were talking about and could guess what we were saying about her.

I hope she has checked in, wish she would post, maybe we could make her a VIP member right off the bat and get the inside scoop from her on what they have and haven't got...

I think somebody working on the loading dock and in the warehouse knows better than somebody on the order computer anywhere.

After all the rearsenaled $50 Nagant revolvers had dried up everywhere, I was there to pick up an order, was shucking and jiving with her and mentioned how pissed I was I missed them, she said I think I know where a couple are, and went and brought 3 of them to the window! Said some employees had put them "back" to buy later, but never did so she said the heck with them, do you want them? If I wouldn't have been just getting back from a long trip and had more room on my expenses credit card I would have gotten all three, but did buy one with all the extras for the $49.95 price they had advertised like 3 months before....later I went back and asked if she still had the other 2 but they were gone...darn, but at least I have one now.

Cynthia's all right, probably one of the reasons I like SOG best...
    "It's only money..."