OK, Just Un - Assed Some $$

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

AntiqueDr
    (10/4/01 7:18:17 am)
    Reply OK, Just Un-Assed Some $$
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and bought a new Springfield Armory "Loaded" pistol. Novak night-sights, the works. Should have it by the end of the week.

Will keep you posted...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (10/4/01 7:27:16 am)
    Reply Re: OK, Just Un-Assed Some $$
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congrats on the purchase Doc. The Springfield is a fine pistol. Will it replace the Norinco ?

AntiqueDr
    (10/4/01 12:09:20 pm)
    Yep. Never did have the time to do the work I wanted to do on the Norinco, so I figured I'd just buy one already done. Probably will still tweak the trigger, add a beveled mag well, maybe checker the front strap. Aw, crap...

www.apaxenterprises.com

gunny6
    (10/4/01 2:19:56 pm)
    Doc, I really don`t like too rain on your parade but...check out the semi-auto forum on;
    www.thefiringline.com/
    under Springfield slide.......thought you knew 1911 is spelled, COLT...

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/4/01 4:28:47 pm)
    Re: OK, Just Un-Assed Some $$
    Oh My GAWD!!!!.... hang on to your shorts.....

AntiqueDr
    (10/4/01 4:38:40 pm)
    1911 USED to be spelled Colt, up until about 20 years ago. I have some really nice Colt 1911's and A1's that are not under consideration as a carry gun.

Hell, if I dont like it I have NO problem selling it!

www.apaxenterprises.com

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (10/4/01 11:49:55 pm)
    I'll take a Kimber or Springfield over any Series 80 Colt. The quality has gone down hill ,just as Doc said, in the last 20 years. I carry a custom Colt Commander everyday but it was built in the 70's. When I carry a full size 1911, it's a Kimber. But my match pistol is a Springfield.

AntiqueDr
    (10/5/01 4:31:55 pm)
    Well, the turd truck just barfed out a shiny blue plastic box containing the Springfield. So far, I'm impressed. Fit and finish is on par with any custom .45 I've ever handled. Trigger pull is a bit mushy at 5 lbs, but that's not a problem.

The proof is in the shooting, as they say, and the wife and I are going to the range tomorrow afternoon with her KelTec and this one.

www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/6/01 9:13:29 am)
    Hey Doc, what do you think of "stippling" the front stap instead of checkering...it may not look as good to a "traditionalist," (I think it looks fine, and I did it myself with an automatic center punch...) but it really "bites" and is STILL sharp after almost 20 years.

I use Pachmayr grip panels, with front wraparound cut off, with the logo carved out on the left side so my thumb gets the mag release better..and with that stippling it NEVER slips no matter how sweaty the hand is. Thinking about going back to wood panels for looks, BUT maybe not...

I like it better than some checkered front straps I've fired in the past...
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

AntiqueDr
    (10/6/01 9:28:36 am)
    I greatly prefer the checkering from an aesthetic standpoint. I'm set up to do the checkering, so it wouldn't be a problem to point them up again if I need to. I've never had to, though... I prefer 30 lpi, but can do 20, 30 or 40.

www.apaxenterprises.com

AntiqueDr
    (10/14/01 5:12:15 pm)
    S/A shoots like a champ. 250/250 on the DPS CCW course. I know, that's not exactly a challenging course of fire but I cut the allotted times in half.

Now I gotta skim a couple of pounds off the trigger...

www.apaxenterprises.com

needleace
    (10/27/01 6:38:05 pm)
    Doc-
    You answered my question. Looking for a loaded gun next.
    Would be very interested how it holds up.
    Mike