OK, OK, so they're not so bad...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/02 1:02:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    OK, OK, so they're not so bad...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Turd truck belched out massive boxes from SOG.

CETME's, they're OK, look good.
    AK's, what do you expect...

BRNO 98's, metal gray, bore is nice, actions are sloppy and the wood is bone dry. Need some work.

SMLE's are very rough. Bob, did you say something about brown paint?? I dont know if I have enough solvent to clean the bores....

Hungarian M44's? Got'em, and they are very nice! Not particularly matching, but the wood is a pleasing tiger stripe pattern, the metal is in very nice condition, and the bores are dang near perfect.

Might just have to keep one.... did I really write that? Oh my God....

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/02 6:39:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: OK, OK, so they're not so bad...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AD, take a stripper clip or two and a couple of witnesses out after dusk, or better yet after dark and have them stand off to the sides and watch...

And then let them shoot it while YOU watch...

Not only will you want to keep one after that, you'll probably sell at least two others of them on the spot...

Heck, just for THAT they are a trip and a half....

Boss, DA FLAME! DA FLAME!
    Hi. My name is Mike. And I am a Nagantaholic. "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/14/02 6:44:54 pm)
    I agree the 44's are a bunch of fun to shoot and the fire is awesome!! These are probably one of the best buys around right now.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/02 7:18:51 pm)
    And AD? While your at it, go ahead and pick up a Polish, a Romanian, then what the hell, a Wartime laminated Russian, and a postwar hardwood Russian...(just to see the differences, mind you... and Voila! INSTANT M44 collection!

All for about $300 total, and thats if you buy only GOOD ones...

(You'll know you're hooked when you have THEM, and decide you just HAVE to have a Type 53, and you'd REALLY like to find a Russian with East German markings, one with Tula markings so you can try and figure out for YOURSELF whether Tula actually made them or Ishevsk just used leftover Tula parts...and you'd DIE for a Model 1944 stamped 1943....)

Hi. My name is Mike. And I am a Nagantaholic. "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 12:30:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: OK, OK, so they're not so bad...
    I tried to get several of each, but the airhead said they were out.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/15/02 8:03:43 pm)
    Its too bad you got the airhead!! I got a reasonably knowledgeable guy when I ordered my Star B the other day. Which I got today. Have to clean it up, but its not half bad.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!