The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took some of my older .22 long rifles out to the range just to show that the older guns are a great value. Good accuracy and can be had for dirt cheap most of the time.

I brought out my
Mossberg 46M
H&R sportster 250
Ruger 10/22
Winchester 67A
Savage arms model 74

All very nice guns and very fun to shoot.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
I never fail to take my trusty old 1942 Remington 512 Sportmaster to the range with me when I go to do some shooting. My dad got it when it was new for around $12 and change, then gave it to me when I was 10 y.o. for my first rifle. It's still dead on accurate, but I confess I needed to scope it a few years back to help with my aging eyesight. It's really hard to beat the old .22's for cost effective fun! :cool:

· Registered
780 Posts
I have a some favorite .22's:A Revelation 120 (Model 60 Marlin)50 years old,510 Remington Match Master single shot, a Winchester 55 single shot semi auto and a Winchester 69A. When I bring them to the range folks always meander over.:) Cliff: The 55 is for sale

BTW the rifles that are listed are nice

· Registered
3,128 Posts
love the old .22 rifles, a lot of the bores are bad in the ones my father has still but some still have pristine barrels in them and still shoot plenty accurate. My favorite is a springield/savage 1909 clip fed pump, tang peep sight. 100 years old and works perfect. Killed lots of squirrels with that gun.

· Registered
410 Posts
If I could keep only one rifle it would be my Marlin 39A with no safety, no rebounding hammer and no holes drilled in the receiver to let evil spirits out.

· Registered
389 Posts
I'd like to have some old rifles like a 40X among others. Now that rifle is a shooter. I have a Savage 15-B, which is a single shot, bolt action .22 and that thing shoots as well as any rifle I own. But it doesn't have any way to mount a scope. If it did I'd be using it in competitions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.