The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I recently acquired the following ammo from a friend's father's garage for a very low price and I was wondering first if they are worth anything or should I just shoot it? I just started shooting a year ago and currently don't have any firearms that can shoot this ammo but I am saving up to buy one or thirty more.

I think the pictures speak for themselves as far as what they are so I'll only provide that I do not have a box for the loose ammunition, the shotgun shells are 5 boxes (4 full and one missing one shell) and the blue shell is what I think to be a "training" round.

The ammo pouches (from my research) are Army issued M3 ammo pouches from the Vietnam war. Not sure at all and all my armed forces friends I ask don't know much about them.

Please let me know if you know anything about the value of the ammunition or the pouches.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Nothing special about that ammo. It's 70's or 80's vintage. I have some just like it.

The ammo pouches are nice, but not especially valueable.

I also see a couple of .22 blanks and a snap cap

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I would shoot those. My Dad had boxes of 12 ga shotshells in his closet in a workrom for more than 25 years and I had no problem shooting them. (although those look to be a little bit older)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect, thank you guys so much. I just wanted to be sure I didn't waste away anything that may or may not be worth more than just a box of ammo. I might keep a box or two since they look vintage and just carry my ammo to the range in those pouches. Now to go buy an 870 to actually use the ammo...

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts