1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this for a long time and have never really known the worth
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
18,143 Posts
Oh oh oh, Ruby Ruby Ruby, do you love me?
Ruby Ruby Ruby, do you care?
Ruby Ruby, are you thinking of me?
Ruby Ruby, will you still be there?

·
Registered
18,143 Posts
Sorry. Strange things happen when I'm online at 2 in the morning.

Your gun is a Ruby. It was made by France around the time of World War I. It was eventually used by a good half a dozen countries across Europe. It was made by a dozen or more different makers, and while they all look the same, none of the parts will interchange. Including the magazines.

Value is not very much - I would guess less than $150.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Made in Spain, for the French military. During the First World War. Many were imported and sold as surplus in the U.S., during the 1960's.

I don't mean to date myself. But I remember going into stores, which had literally had piles of them on the shelves. Your choice $ 20. Nowadays my WAG they would be in the $ 200 range. If functional?

There interesting pistols with a lot of variations. But unfortunately there is little collector demand/value, that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
What caliber are they? If they're 9mm or .380 there might be an untapped market on Chicago's south side. :unsure:
Most of those pistols were .32 autos. Rufesnow took me down a walk thru memory lane - back in the 60s these little former military pistols were plentiful and very inexpensive. My first center fire pistol was a French MAS1935A that I got for about $20. That was an upgrade for me after many inexpensive West German .22 single action revolvers. Those ran the same price - about $20 to $25. Ammo for the military guns ran about a penney per round.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts