Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Old Model Ruger Blackhawk

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/4/02 11:42:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ruger Blackhawk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Doc, er anyone -

Guy out at the gunrange posted a 70's vintage 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk, mint, UNFIRED, in the box. Wants $575. Whadda' think?

none6663
    (3/4/02 11:47:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del red label
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think anyone that doesn't have one should jump on it with BOTH feet!!!!! Hell of a good price. If it wasn't for the fact I have one,,, and my present

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/02 8:01:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Blackhawk
    what's the difference between the 3 screw Blackhawks and the earlier/later ones?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 11:29:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Blackhawk
    The early model Blackhawks had 3 screws in the frame, Fred - later models only 2. Also, the early version didn't have the safety bar that blocks the hammer in case of accidental hammer fall. Ruger offers a kit that they will install on the older models, free of charge, to convert them to the new configuration. Lots of us owners of the older, sans safety bar models want to keep them that way for collector value. We just make sure to only load five chambers and let the hammer rest on the firing pin at the empty chamber when carrying.

Mine is a .41 Mag, which I much prefer over a .44 Mag.