The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old CH, four station press that I bought and have used since 1988. I have tens of thousands of rifle rounds loaded on this strong, tough old girl and finally broke the primer-seater, rod.

Does anyone know if parts are still available for this press and if so, where.

I am not very computer savvy so don't know how to search as much as may be possible. I figure some of the wise, competent folks on this forum would be the very best place to ask for help.

I really hate to lose this old friend and after so many years and untold use this is the very first thing to break.

Thanks for any help.

UF

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gr8 stuff shooter

I will send them a quick e mail to see if they have the parts. Their 444 press looks very much like mine but their schematic shows a different primer seater.
Will see what they say and thanks again for the quick response

UF

·
Registered
363 Posts
I also use one. The design is not 'old', and is still in production.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
perhaps age is relative my friend. My old girl was bought in 1988 and the design was not new at the time. That makes it old by any standard. In addition the new ones are quite different in spite of looking very much like mine.

I sent CH 4D an e mail after getting help here but no word back yet. I am sure business is booming in spite of the shortage of components.

I surfed four different distributors this morn and nearly fell off my couch at the prices being asked. $45 for primers and $42 for powders and no one has ANY and are not taking back orders.

Glad I bought mine while primers were still $16 per K and powder was $19 per lb and shot was $17.50 per 5lb bag. I grin a lot now and feel bad for those needing to supply to load.

Stay well friends

UF
Kenny

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link 312.

I told you guys that I sent an e mail to CH4D and I got an answer back with the part numbers for the small and the large primer seater.
Great people and they answered right away and have already shipped both parts..
Good to know that I will get more years of use out of the old girl.

Glad once again for the help here on this forum.

UF

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Glad to hear your machine will continue to serve you... enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts