The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pics of revolver - can anyone help identify and tell me a bit more about it - its my dads and he’s had it for about 25 years - thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
I don't know anything about the gun other than it is Belgian, and I only know that because of the hundreds of other threads that describe the ELG inside an oval. They are always being told that means they were made in Belgium. Give it a little time and I am sure the experts will be around to tell you all about your father's gun.

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
A) Because someone wanted it to look new and shiny
B) To cover up some finish defects
C) I don't have a clue

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
In the 1960s, there were chrome plating shops everywhere. It was all the rage to take those old guns (and the ones your dad/grandad brought back from the war) down to the plating shop.
Lots of valuable guns were ruined that way.

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
In the 1960s, there were chrome plating shops everywhere. It was all the rage to take those old guns (and the ones your dad/grandad brought back from the war) down to the plating shop.
Lots of valuable guns were ruined that way.
That’s for sure. My grandfather’s first job after the war was at a plating company. He plated everything from old tools to car parts to, unfortunately, the really nice Arisaka T38 he brought back from his time in the Pacific.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts