The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF.

Your partial photo is not much to go by, but the marks are Eibar, Spain proofmarks, and the 6.35 indicates it's chambered for the small cartridge known as .25ACP or .25 Auto in the U.S.

So it's probably one of the many small pocket revolvers made in Belgium and Spain, many of which have folding triggers. They are valued only as curios, rarely much over $100 in excellent condition. It's not an antique and may date to early 1900s.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
You should take a pic of the entire pistol and post it. That looks like it may be a folding trigger revolver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice looking little revolver. I thinkhrf nailed it, small spanish pocket revolver in 6.35/25 auto caliber. These little handguns were popular in europe for a long time, early versions in various revolver calibers, after the rise of the small pocket autos they were also offered in 25 and 32 auto calibers as well.

Does it still function properly? While there is some collector interest in these, functionality often makes a big difference in value. If broken they are not easy to fix, no parts sources out there and they can be difficult to work on. I have sold a few over the years, the nicer ones in the $150-$200 range, broken ones will rarely bring a fraction of that.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The better pics confirm my first reply, and the Eibar proofmark showing an X in a shield and knight's head on top confirms it was made after 9 July 1931.

(Before that date, there was a crown on top of the shield)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that everything functions properly. I have not tried to shoot it though. I also have what appears to be the original holster. Thanks for all of the responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I have read online the H under the star means it was made in 1935 but I have no confirmation on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts