The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an old spur trigger revolver that has been completely disassembled. There are only 2 identifying markings on it. It says CROWN across the top and the numbers 161 under the left side grip. I have searched the internet and found a couple that resembled this one (Iver Johnson) but can't find any schematics for putting this thing back together. Any help at all would be appreciated. The cylinder mics at .32 and the barrel mics at .310. Gun looks similar to the complete gun pictured.
upload_2018-1-5_20-8-36.png 20180105_195339.jpg 106_5641.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg upload_2018-1-5_20-7-50.png

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
These little guns are a real pain to put back together. It looks like the trigger spring ( the one on the back of the trigger ) may be broken, it should look more like a V. I do not see any missing parts but without the gun in hand I can not determine the proper location of the Hand and bolt springs, that is if the 2 loose springs are indeed those springs.
Start by removing to a different pile all the parts that you know where they go. The cylinder, the cylinder pin, The grips and grip screw. This leaves you with the working parts of the gun. It is obvious where the hammer and trigger go. The bolt which is the kind of odd looking piece fits into the bottom just above the trigger. The two long pins hold in the bolt and trigger. The long mostly straight spring I THINK powers the bolt but you will have to figure how and where it fits. The long piece with the hole in it is the hand and the short pin holds it to I THINK the left side of the hammer and the l shaped spring may power it. The long curved spring is the mainspring and it powers the hammer, it is the last part you will install.

Bolt and spring go in first.
Hammer hand and spring should be next but I can't tell you how to get the hand onto the hammer without having it in hand.
Trigger and spring next.
Then all the easy parts go on.

None of this is real easy and may be quite frustrating and some parts may be damaged causing even more frustration. Tweezers are your friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
That is correct. I can not see the gun but the bolt, the part that locks the cylinder needs a spring to push the lug up into the cylinder notch. The hand, the part that rotates the cylinder needs a spring to push it forwards into the cylinder ratchet. The long spring should be for the bolt and the l shaped one for the hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it together and it seems to function except it needs a trigger spring. The spring is too weak to hold the trigger forward which holds the hammer cocked. Thanks for the help!!!!! 1515273341362758105299.jpg 15152734423391587794979.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.