The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
My oldest edc is a Utica cutlery pocket knife, no idea how old but probably from the 60's. My Case stockman is from about the same time frame. I do have one kitchen knife that's from the 1940's and a couple from the 1930's.

Reactions: todd51

·
GUNZILLA
7,779 Posts
This is my oldest used it extensively throughout my military career, bought it in 1975. Carl Schlieper Solingen knife, was very handy in the jungles.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
It's a produce knife. I think The oldest one I have is a Case lock back my mom bought for me in the early 80's. I do have a few knives from the 1860's but they were old when I got them.
I agree. I've often seen them called "melon knives".

Reactions: todd51

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wood Natural material Knife Blade Plant My oldest and most unique knife, circa 1958. Not very useful but still a conversation piece.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oldest that I use is a Buck 110 that I got in 1974. Oldest non carried is an ancient Boker tree brand that belonged to my grandfather that dates to the 40’s

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
I forgot about my old Buck 110, I have one that has gutted quite a few deer. I don't know exactly when I got it, but it was before I joined the Army in 1969.

·
Super Moderator
29,451 Posts
These are my oldest ones
Natural material Material property Font Tool Metal

I still carry the Old Timer, but the bigger Uncle Henry's I stopped cuz the sheaths wore out. The Boker I never really carried much. That was a gift from my brother over 25 years ago.

·
Premium Member
19,972 Posts
These are my oldest ones
View attachment 250080
I still carry the Old Timer, but the bigger Uncle Henry's I stopped cuz the sheaths wore out. The Boker I never really carried much. That was a gift from my brother over 25 years ago.
I've got old buck stockman similar to your old timer. It's only about 30 years old though. Always carry it deer hunting.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My father had a old timer knife for years and after he passed away mom gave it to me . 1st week I had it in my pocket at work with those FRC uniforms slick pockets I lost it. Never could tell her I lost it I felt so bad .

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I've got a bunch of them, this one I bought with S & H Green Stamps in Many, Louisiana's in about 1979, it cost me about $1.25 for the taxes. It's cheap, no maker name on it. But it's been a good one. View attachment 250085
Did you buy it from Bowen's Hardware? He knew his knives I had lake side cabin get away on Toledo Bend at that time in the past.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm a collector so most of my knives don't count. Oldest PERSONAL knife I own is a Puma stockman bought in 1975. It looks USED and deserves it! Still have one of Grampa's farm pocket knives, probably from the 1950's, very worn but very nice bone grips. HAD a Buck 120 "general" I carried since 1971 and used a LOT, until a couple years ago it sprouted legs and walked off.. boyhowdy that chaps my hide!..

·
Registered
171 Posts
A buck 110 i won in a REACT raffle in the early 70s .there might be one of grandad old tree brand knifes hiding somewhere in the depths of my closet where some its are stored

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is a shadow box that my mother in law made for me as an Easter present this year. It contains all of her father's knives. She said that he would rotate out his carry knives based on his day. Apparently the little gold knife was his church knife. 😊 I am not exactly sure of what the bayonet is. However I do know that it doesn't quite fit on an 1909 Argentine Mauser. 😉 This awesome gift is mounted on the wall in my reloading room.

Attachments

·
12,321 Posts
Did you buy it from Bowen's Hardware? He knew his knives I had lake side cabin get away on Toledo Bend at that time in the past.
It came from S&H Green Stamps in Many, Lousiana.
Tool Wood Knife Blade Wood stain

I got this 49er in the late 70s too.

·
Premium Member
20,482 Posts
This is the oldest surviving knife I can find. I lost my Buck 110 and was going to the store to buy a replacement but a friend said he would give me one. It turned out to be a China knock off Buck. This was in 1978. He had a box full of them.
Natural material Utility knife Animal product Tool Blade

I carried it for a few years in my back pocket. I replaced it with another Buck 101 and left it in a tool box.

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
^^^
I hadn't realized China was cloning knives that long ago.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts