The Firearms Forum banner

Oldest reloading tools.

22K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  korny351 
#1 ·
I have an old Pacific Super-C" I got back in about 1970. When I started reloading. I used it for many years. And from time to time I go back to it. I think its as tight and strong as ever. I have kept it cleaned up and covered. But to the question what is the oldest press or reloading tool you still use.

#28 ·
While I no longer have the LEE setup I first bought when I started loading in '73, nor the RCBS Rockchucker Jr. that replaced it in the late '70s, I often wish I hadn't gotten rid of them. Oh well, life has it's priorities. Other than the three sets of Herter dies (.30-40, .30-06, & .35Rem) from the 60s that I hang onto, the only old equipment I have is stuff from the late 19th century and early 20th for loading 12 shotgun shells. There's a lot of vintage equipment that I would really like to own/collect but I just don't have the spare space to keep it. My hat's off to those of you do, the stuff looks great.

#30 · (Edited)
The shaft on your Senior should shine-up nicely. As it has a tight tolerance with the shellholder ram carrier, I'd disassemble the press and try lightly hand-buffing it w/ a gray (fine) or even white (very fine) Scotchbrite pad and a penetrating oil. Don't use enough force that will cause the dimensions to change.

#31 ·
I have just acquired a Texan H3 301 exactly like Freebore's. (Well sort of, mines in pretty bad shape) I'm going to try and restore it but am having trouble getting the lower torsion cylinder that attaches to the pull arm to come out (Freebore you have mail).

#37 ·
Still using my RCBS Rockchucker (stamped '73) and Ohaus 10-10 beam scale that I first started with back in '73 or '74. Looking forward to bringing my Ohaus Duo-Measure back online as well. The powder reservoir broke during a move and I've been unable to find a factory replacement. Took an empty bottle of Propel flavored water and removed the threading on the neck. It actually fits better than the original plastic reservoir. Cut a hole in the bottom and fitted a stopper. Haven't tried it out yet. Hoping that the plastic in the bottle doesn't create a major static issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.