On the road again (pretty soon)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KING64, Apr 27, 2009.

1. KING64

KING64 New Member

A couple of weeks and we will be on the road again. Kind of curtailed the longer travels when diesel went through the roof. So, as long as the money holds out and diesel does not again get obscenely high priced we will depart WA and travel south through Oregon, northern CA, northern NV, UT, AZ, NM, TX, LA, thence north through AR, MO, IA, MN, the Dakotas, MT (where we will stay on our property for a while) then ID and back home. Looking forward to doing some plinkin' and can shootin' in the remote areas.

Now I just have to convince my wife we do not need to load so much "stuff" into the rig. I love my wife but I swear she uses more potions and lotions than you can shake a stick at. Of course it goes without saying that ammo and related material are necessities.

2. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Come on over to Alabama. As they say here in the country, "Ya'll come and we'll kill a chicken"!
    (No, we don't arbitrarily kill chickens when someone visits. It means we will cook something good! Thought I had better translate!!!:D)

3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Y'all cna come here and well kill a chicken c'yote huntin.

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Thats great!!!

Drive safe will ya.

5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Watch your 6. And your 3, 9 and 12. :D

Pops

6. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Oh...to go on a roadtrip... you lucky bugger!!!!! :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

7. artabr

artabr New Member

Have a safe and fun trip, King. ;) :)

Art.

8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Wow, King! You'll nearly hit all 57 states!! ;) Truly, please be safe and give us a full report as often as you can!

...and about your wife's potions and lotions...let her have 'em....we girl types like to primp and feel pretty. Would you have it any other way?? :)

9. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

King I love the road trips but I too hate all the STUFF the wife has to bring along!!
    After removing a bag from the vehicle once,by mistake and leaving it at home, I learned that she needs this STUFF to remain human and never again left any of her STUFF.
    A slow boil with an occasional growl and a few quick barks let me know the error of my ways. :eek: :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :D

10. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

If you want, when you get over here to the TX/LA border you can give me a shout, 903-263-9668. I just bet we can find a place to shoot! If the weathers too bad to shoot in the back yard, I know of an indoor range not to far away! My wife and I love to travel also. We haven't been a road trip in several years now due to her bad back and multiple back surgeries. If you haven't done the coastal hi-way, hi-way 1 (from OR - Southern CA), do so, it is gorgeous! Cold, but gorgeous! Glad to hear that you are ready to get back out there and do some more! Have a great trip!

11. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Oh, by the way, I usually tow a trailer for the wife's stuff, when we are in a vehicle with more than two tires!

12. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

That sounds like fun! Have a great time!