The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a mini 14 but they are all out in any store near me...I know of a used one in good condition 1984 model with 2 20 round mags and a 10 round mag all for 700.00.....is that a decent deal or too much ?
Walmart had the new ranch model for under 700.00

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Its a little steep but the older mini's are better than the new ones. Also a 20 round "ruger" mag would run you 40-50 bucks now days so take that into consideration,. 600 is more realistic but finding a mini 14 at all now days is about as rare as a AR or AK

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I still have one [196 series?]
I bought around 2002......
never fired....
This craziness keeps up, I may sell it.
In fact, I have maybe a dozen unfired new rifles.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
They sell .223 in boxes of 50? If you want to scope it, get the ranch rifle at wallyworld. If you like ghost sights, then get the older one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well he said he would throw in 50 rounds..I assumed a box...Im just going to shoot coyotes and woodchucks with it...I just like them I had one in 1980 and I should have kept it...
So for 700 am I getting ripped ...or should I wait and see if Wally gets anymore in or is this ban bs going to take care of that ??

·
Premium Member
9,885 Posts
well he said he would throw in 50 rounds..I assumed a box...Im just going to shoot coyotes and woodchucks with it...I just like them I had one in 1980 and I should have kept it...
So for 700 am I getting ripped ...or should I wait and see if Wally gets anymore in or is this ban bs going to take care of that ??
If you want the gun, buy it. With the market today, $700 seems a bargain. Yes, they make boxes that have 50 rounds of .223. No one can predict what is going to happen in the near future. If I had the money and wanted a mini, I would buy it now.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
No your not really getting ripped considering the mags and the ammo and Wally wont be getting any more. If they are out, they are out. They buy in a group then divi out based on sales of the store. They say you can special order but you can't get what they don't have available. The chances of them getting one are zilch. I havent seen one here at a walmart in 3 years. Get it while you can.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mini 14s are topping $1000 on the auction sites now! With this crazy buying, who kows what tey will be in 24 hours! Before the panic buying, they would sell in the $500-$550 range.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I just bought it..its spotless clean !!! I got the gun, 2 20 round preban mags, 1 5 round mag and 66 rounds of ammo...700.00

And IF Wally worls gets the two in they say are due in this week I may buy one of those too !!
The ammo I got is Winchester and American eagle

Probably not the best deal on the gun but I probably could sell it and make money on it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so this gun is a 1982 so this is a pre ban gun correct ??? I just saw one on ********* that said pre ban bid was over 1000.00...

Also how do I know for SURE these 20 round mags are pre ban ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts