·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alphamale
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(6/28/01 2:35:15 am)
| Edit | Del All Once again the mighty .45 proves it's power
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watching a Jackie Chan movie (The Protector), and he shoots a guy with a 1911( I guess the best gun at the time since the G21 wasn't out yet).

Anyway, the guy is lifted up into the air about 3 feet and knocked back 2-3 feet through a window. Once again, the .45 proves it has knockdown power.

Gawd, why does every movie have to have scenes like that.
Yeah, yeah, I know. To sell tickets.

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."--Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

44rugerfan
(6/28/01 3:42:14 am)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Once again the mighty .45 proves it's power
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite is "The Quick and the Dead" where Sharon Stone shoots Gene Hackman and it actually causes him to do a summersault in the air. I want what she's shooting, please....
Hunt. Kill. Repeat.

polishshooter
(6/28/01 1:58:43 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Once again the mighty .45 proves it's power
The one that trips my trigger is "48 Hours." Makes SUCH a big deal about .44 mags and speedloaders, then Nolte loses his to a crook and has to "settle" for a mere .45 Auto while he hunts him down and always acts like he's so "undergunned" whenever he shoots it out with him...

And on top of that he carried it condition THREE, and had to cock it every time...fingernails across a blackboard....

LIKTOSHOOT
(6/28/01 2:13:20 pm)
Worst portrail of a 1911 ever, a movie by(produced) and acted in by Don Johnson....on the horses of the calvary to be destroyed, but they save them and drive them to Canada. In the scene where he must put some of the horses down,"the military way....chaulk "X" on forehead for aiming point??? The draws his 1911 and racks the slide.....boom....racks the slide again......boom......racks the slide again......boom......racks the slide again........boom. Ain`t the 1911 a semi-auto design, self loader...huh?...huh?? For a movie to be pretty dern close in garb, jargin, weapons and old calvary tatics.....WTH happened here???? Oh, yea....driving a point home.....GEEESH!!!!! LTS

polishshooter
(6/28/01 3:12:06 pm)
...and Alpha, just for your fund of general knowledge, the 1911 was still the best gun available AFTER the G21 came out, too...

I don't care how farfetched they are, I LOVE watching Jackie Chan movies, laugh my ass off, even if I never start out to watch one, and just stumble on them while channel surfing in hotel rooms.

You don't have to know the plot, he still does wonderous things with exotic weapons, like stepladders, stilts, grocery carts, produce trucks, whatever...

Saw some outtakes of his too, now THAT had to hurt...

Xracer
(6/28/01 3:21:42 pm)
My favorite.....on the TV show M.A.S.H. Major Burns drives a Sherman Tank (yes, Polish, your favorite!) over Col. Potter's jeep. Potter, an old Calveryman, looks down at his flattened jeep, shakes his head, pulls his .45, and shoots it!

Alphamale
(6/28/01 7:17:49 pm)
I love Jackie Chan too, Operation Condor is coming on tonight( right now actually). Getting ready to go watch it.

One of my favorite movies with guns is Tremors and Tremors 2, wish I had a basement like that.
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."--Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.