One Second After

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ARB, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

Anybody, in the mood to get freaked out? I just finished the book 'One Second After' by William R. Forstchen. It is basically an updated version of 'Alas Babylon', but this one scared the heck out me a lot more. Maybe, because I'm older now with a family. I highly suggest reading this book.

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I had to read "Alas, Babylon" in 9th grade English. I actually enjoyed the book very much. I grew up about 30 miles south of Jacksonville, FL, so the scene in the book where Jacksonville takes a nuke was quite surreal.

3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

NEVER HEARD OF EITHER, BUT THEY'VE MOVED ONTO MY LIST OF MUST READS. If they are in EBook format....that's a plus.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Alas Babylon, very good read.

5. Mac's!

Mac's! New Member

I read "Alas Babylon" about thirty five years ago and it concerned me enough to start researching the subject. After learning a little about it, I started buying a few supplies and some equipment. Then I wanted to learn more so I researched it some more. Then I bought more supplies and equipment. Then I researched it some more and..and..and it's all the fault of that book!

You know, I still have that book. Maybe I'll get it out and read it again. Nah! It's to hard to get to..thiry feet down in the shelter with all of my other How-To books! I'll get it out the next scheduled canned goods rotation. Keep yer powder dry, Mac.