The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
If you are going to be a guard - you have to BE a guard. This security guy was "zoned out" and not paying attention to his surroundings. If you are going to carry a firearm openly or concealed, you must be willing to use it if you have to. A firearm isn't a decoration. Situational awareness. I agree that this guard should have been positioned where an opponent would have had distance - such as further up the stairway - to allow the guard time and space to respond to a threat.

·
Registered
17,770 Posts
The impression I got from that was that the thief had an empty gun. He shows up, points his gun at the guard, takes the guard's gun, racks the guard's gun to put a round in the chamber, and then puts his gun away.

I suppose he could have done that so if he ended up shooting the guard his gun's ballistics would not end up in police custody.

But I still believe he had an empty gun, and bluffed the guard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The impression I got from that was that the thief had an empty gun. He shows up, points his gun at the guard, takes the guard's gun, racks the guard's gun to put a round in the chamber, and then puts his gun away.

I suppose he could have done that so if he ended up shooting the guard his gun's ballistics would not end up in police custody.

But I still believe he had an empty gun, and bluffed the guard.
Well his bluff worked.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't really care if people open carry, but personally I don't think it's very smart. Criminals already have the advantage because they know their intentions and you don't. Letting them all know your armed and with what and where just gives them a bigger advantage. People that claim its a deterrent aren't really looking at the big picture. Now I would agree in a place of business or in a large group yes. You walk in a pawn shop with 3 or 4 employees spread out and they are all open carrying, then yeah in that scenario chances are would be robbers would think twice. But just you and your wife in a parking lot or walking down the street. Not so much. They can probably get more selling your firearm then anything else you have on you. Phones and smart watches are worthless to them. Easy to trace.. Credit cards can be canceled in seconds now. Most people don't carry much cash anymore. They would probably rather have that pistol then anything else most people have on them...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I won't open carry because with my bad hearing someone could sneak up behind me and grab it out of the holster before I could do anything about it.

·
12,529 Posts
I won't open carry because with my bad hearing someone could sneak up behind me and grab it out of the holster before I could do anything about it.
Me too, I'm old and slow.

I would hope the fella was fired and learned a lesson. Apparently he doesn't have the mentality to be law enforcement of any kind.

·
GUNZILLA
8,383 Posts
Only time I open carry is if I am out hunting, otherwise nobody needs to know my business.

Reactions: tedwitt
1 - 11 of 11 Posts