The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit for the final time by Taurus, but want to keep this short and get a few opinions. Bought the PT111 2 years +/- ago, shot 2 magazines in that time. Now new house, 5 acres...custom built shooting range. Ran about 7 clips of quality practice ammo though it, slide stick, clip jambs, ammo gets stuck at upwards angle in feeder this is after 2-3 shots. I have tried multiple ammo brands, even non practice ammo. Bought new Taurus non aftermarket clips=no difference. Field stripped it, nothing stands out. Called Taurus, class action lawsuit against this entire line of PT111. No warranty, have to wait until legal proceedings are over then I MIGHT get $200 for a gun I paid $400 for (and now extra $100 for extra clips). Should I take it to a gunsmith or melt it? I have no idea how much a GS would charge but his time alone is probably worth the value of this gun- and its mint in box with paperwork and the Titanium model.

·
Banned
258 Posts
you know you can shake the PT111 with the safety on and it will still fire right with it chambered of course. https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

I though it would be a good pistol too and maybe would be lighter on them but had another (different issue) with Taurus on my CT40 G2 I bought from them. Customer service and warranty are non-existent!

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Really depends on how much you want that Taurus auto. If I liked it I'd find a good smith. If not I'd just hold on to it and see what is worked out on compensation.

·
Super Moderator
42,066 Posts
I had a PT111 a few years ago and can truly say that I never had any problem with it. I would also say take it to a gunsmith. If you decide to toss it, I have a trash can you can throw it in.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Me too, toss it right here. Plenty of room for it.

Reactions: Gottcha and drymag

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Too bad you got a lemon. Either shove it in the back of your safe and wait for resolution from Taurus or bring it to a gunsmith who is familiar with Taurus. Maybe some of the gents on this site could help. As it is you have $500.00 tied up in a paperweight, in my opinion that is too much to loose so I would opt for the gunsmith or trade with someone who knows the issues you are having.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I've got an empty waste basket you can use...

Reactions: Gottcha and drymag

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would put it away until the case is settled. This gun looks unsafe.
The gun in that video was a different gun. I don't know if the OP was/is having that issue as well. It's a different model pistol altogether.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
I'm not a Taurus/Rossi fan for good reasons:
PT99... rear sight fell off twice until I fixed it myself....still in use by my son (he likes it)

Rossi 22 Gallery gun...Totally inaccurate...SOLD

Taurus Thunderbolt (Colt Lightning Pump clone) in 45LC....would not feed SAMMI spec ammo and obvious rough spot in barrel under machined slot for rear sight...Reloaded shorter ammo and feeding problem resolved...Too pretty to sell

Taurus Model 63 semi-auto....ammo feeding problem I resolved with files and not particularly accurate...Too nice looking to sell and it shoots OK

NO MORE Taurus's for me!!

LDBennett

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,252 Posts
At the gun shop where I work, we won't sell any Taurus except the Judge. Past experience is that it's a losing proposition, since we back everything we sell. No parts, lousy customer service and a huge rate of returns compared to other brands makes Taurus a poor item to carry. We do sell the Judge because of the high demand for it, and the fact that this one gun rarely has trouble.

Reactions: drymag

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a pt140 mil-pro. Never had a problem with it. I wish I still had it, but a friend wanted it more than I did at the time and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I say fix it.

Reactions: drymag

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bit for the final time by Taurus, but want to keep this short and get a few opinions. Bought the PT111 2 years +/- ago, shot 2 magazines in that time. Now new house, 5 acres...custom built shooting range. Ran about 7 clips of quality practice ammo though it, slide stick, clip jambs, ammo gets stuck at upwards angle in feeder this is after 2-3 shots. I have tried multiple ammo brands, even non practice ammo. Bought new Taurus non aftermarket clips=no difference. Field stripped it, nothing stands out. Called Taurus, class action lawsuit against this entire line of PT111. No warranty, have to wait until legal proceedings are over then I MIGHT get $200 for a gun I paid $400 for (and now extra $100 for extra clips). Should I take it to a gunsmith or melt it? I have no idea how much a GS would charge but his time alone is probably worth the value of this gun- and its mint in box with paperwork and the Titanium model.
I have the PT111 M PRO with the same problem.. found out the firing pin spring is broken. cant get parts until the legal crap is done. took it to a gunsmith and he cant get parts for it either. Holding on to it to warranty it back for the G2 Model. It Makes a great paper weight for now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have had the pt111 g2 for a while now and I'd say about close to 5 to 600 hundred rounds with no issues. I wonder what Taurus change in the 2nd gen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a Taurus PT-111 G2 a short while ago. Never had a Taurus before. Have about 3000 rounds through it. So far no FTF, FTE or any other problems. I like it so far.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'll update mine now has well over a 1000 rounds and have had a small amount of FTF but I also realized that was my fault. When I did my reloads a failed to fully seat the primer. All factory rounds fire perfect. It has been a solid pistol. Maybe not the most accurate but it does its job well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts