Opinion on fix / Toss Taurus PT-111 Millennium Ti

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Corvette95, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Don357

Don357 New Member

I had a pt140 mil-pro. Never had a problem with it. I wish I still had it, but a friend wanted it more than I did at the time and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I say fix it.

drymag likes this.
  2. wolfer

wolfer New Member

I have the PT111 M PRO with the same problem.. found out the firing pin spring is broken. cant get parts until the legal crap is done. took it to a gunsmith and he cant get parts for it either. Holding on to it to warranty it back for the G2 Model. It Makes a great paper weight for now.

3. Gottcha

Gottcha Well-Known Member

I have had the pt111 g2 for a while now and I'd say about close to 5 to 600 hundred rounds with no issues. I wonder what Taurus change in the 2nd gen?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  4. glen155

glen155 New Member

I purchased a Taurus PT-111 G2 a short while ago. Never had a Taurus before. Have about 3000 rounds through it. So far no FTF, FTE or any other problems. I like it so far.

5. Gottcha

Gottcha Well-Known Member

I'll update mine now has well over a 1000 rounds and have had a small amount of FTF but I also realized that was my fault. When I did my reloads a failed to fully seat the primer. All factory rounds fire perfect. It has been a solid pistol. Maybe not the most accurate but it does its job well.

reflex1 likes this.
  6. Pawpaw40

Pawpaw40 Well-Known Member

A co-worker of mine asked my opinion of the Taurus PT-111. I told him of my daughter's experience with the M Pro and showed him an ad for the S&W M&P Compact for just $30 more. He took my advice and bought the M&P.