The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a guy that has one to sell for $500. I really want a Rem 700 in .308, but I dont like the stocks on the sps models. That overmolded crap turns me off. I'm trying to get him to free float the barrel for me if I buy it. He says he will have to do it if he keeps it. I may go shoot it sometime and see what I think.

Anybody have this model?

Any recommendations for a scope? I want a 50mm objective and at minimum 3-9 power. I have a leuopold rifleman for my 30-30 I could put on it in the meantime, but I want something a little better without breaking the bank. I'm thinking about $3-400 range. If I could afford it I would get something with target turrets. Not sure about the reticle. Maybe mil dot, but I wont be ranging much and there may be better ones for guessing holdover.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After some initial research, I see my price range isnt going to get me a 50mm objective scope......

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I missed that 50mm buckmaster. It's got the magnification I want too. Wish it had something other than the nikoplex reticle.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much did you pay for the second and where did you get it? I didnt see any with target turrets on cabelas.

I was just thinking the 50mm would give me more light. With my eyes, that makes a differance, but I dont guess I am stuck on it.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I was wondering about that. I saw some comments where people had said that the stocks didnt have enough strength to free float them. I just hate to spend another 250 or so on a stock and then 500 on a scope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.