The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
My understanding on the addition of the thumb safety is that is or will be a requirement to be considered by the US armed forces as a replacement candidate for the current M9.
Good call. Just keep the thumb safety and loose the others.

Ok Pistol I think I misundrstood you, are you saying you 'don't' own a Browning Hi Power? You can quote the Venerable Bard, in Latin if required, spell it correctly and don't own a Hi Power. I dont know what to say.
Alas, guilty as charged, Tranter. An example of the Browning HP is not among my handgun collection I am sad to say. Such is a deficiency I most assuredly plan to correct when the gods of pecuniary largess once again shine their faces upon me. :D;)

I understand Pistol, I also have had periods of temporary financial embarrassment.
I have been rich and I have been poor, I recommend rich. You may quote me.

sluggermn,

I am 6'6" and 300lbs of long tall Texan. I carry my XD45 service (4") in a Brommeland IWB and it is extremely comfortable. I have carried it for 5 days consecutively, for 12-14 hours each day. No discomfort whatsoever.

Here is my rig:

I have an XD .45 ACP Tactical and have only praise for this pistol. I find it balances well, has good ergos and fits my hands comfortably, is accurate, reliable with no failures to feed, fire or eject and is quite durable. I want to add a couple more of the XDS in 9mm to my collection as well - a subcompact and tactical model.

www.taurusarmed.net Gunnerforum: http://shawn.mysqlslave.com/forum/index.php

I have the XD 45 4" now for over a month and after about 500 rounds I am a believer. No misfeeds, plenty accurate and good ergonomics. As for concealment, I use an IWB model from Backwoods Leather.
I have the 9mm version as I said before. I have put upwards of 1000 rounds through it with no problem either. It is an accurate gun. I use an Uncle Mike's IWB for concealment too.

I have a Springfield XD40 Sub Compact and have had no problems with it whatsoever only Praise as it is a Well made gun.It is a very accurate and right now i'am carrying it in a Blackhawk belt clip holster that has the pouch for an extra mag made to it.But i plan to get a nice pancake holster and shoulder holster rig for it to wear during the winter time.Any suggestions for a good shoulder holster rig would be appreciated.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.