Ordered first ammo from Samco. Concern...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Laufer, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Laufer

Laufer Member

My mistake was ordering, then a few days later seeing the need to fax a copy of license, then a few days later verification of current address,
    This took a week. Was much easier in '08 at "A-man", "AIM" and "jgsales".

They have the order number and finally the re-faxed copy of legal form with signature.
    When they finally ship the 500 rounds of old surplus British .303, do they always send an e-mail?
    They stated Sat noon that it would be shipped that day...but no -e-mail has yet been sent.

If a few weeks are needed during hectic times, that's fine, but what are the odds that they have collected together all of the fragment info and that it will be shipped?:confused:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

Good Luck. I have been thinking about getting a rifle from them but not so sure now.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I once, a long time ago, ordered something from Samco. What you are describing is just about what happened with my order, it took so long and the hassle was so great, that I deleted their web site from my favorites list. Aim, J&G, Centerfire Systems, even Century International is easier to buy from. Just my 2 cents worth.

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

Oh man, how I feel for you!!! Be prepared to wait forever and hear dozens of excuses. I ordered a Mauser stock from Samco last year that they said they had on hand at their Miami warehouse, but it still took them two months to send it. They are the slowest and most non-customer oriented organization I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with. I live only a little over 100 miles from Miami and even offered to drive over and pick it up from them, but no joy, they wouldn't hear of it. I also have a good spanish-speaking Cuban friend who lives in Miami who called them at least a dozen times on my behalf to inquire about my transaction, again with no joy. They will ship when they are ready and not a moment sooner. :mad:

The good news is that when you finally get them to send your order, it's very good stuff. :confused:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  5. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I gave up on SAMCO a long time ago. I sent them a copy of my C&R, my Illionois FOID card and driver's license. A month later I tried to order an SKS online from them. Heard nothing for a week and a half. Called them up, and got some Cuban woman with an accent so thick, there was practically no way I could understand her. Finally they said they had no copy of my FOID card. I said that was funny, because I sent it with the copy of my C&R. Emailed them another copy of my FOID card. Week and a half later I call them again, say where is my rifle. They said they had no copy of my C&R. I said why didn't you say that when I called over a week ago. They said they would not take a faxed or emailed copy, so I told them to cancel the order. Got a better deal on a Yugo SKS elsewhere, with no hassle.

6. Laufer

Laufer Member

They told me on Thur. that it should go out in a week.

Just to clarify, it was My fault for not understanding, or noticing on their website what is required, resulting in several faxes.
    Current mailing address versus old driver's license etc.

But maybe one of these steps was not even needed. I assumed that all of them were and was very dis-organized.

They have the order number and sounded really helpful, so possibly their procedures/service culture have changed since your order 'events'.
    Will let y'all know when it arrives. Wish my first LE ("JC") could be hustled quicker by Fedex or UPS from up in NH.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  7. Texxut

Texxut Member

Laufer, don't forget pics when you get that new shooter.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That last post was 5 years go, I would hope that he has it by now, but with Samco, you cant be sure!

9. Texxut

Texxut Member

LOL, I guess I need to start reading the dates on these posts.