The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
posting picture of 3 of my 6 civil war original carbines plus 1865 cavalry saber.

I do shoot the carbines with my two grandsons. At this times all my firearms were
turned over to my two grandsons as I will be 90 years old in August, and a little
slow on my shooting ability. Also have two Springfield trapdoor carbines and rifles.
M1D garand and a 1903A4 clone. We shoot everything. Lot better then 2 hours on a bar stool..........Cheers all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,179 Posts
Very nice collection.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Premium Member
11,149 Posts
Wow....and everything appears to be in remarkable condition as well!!!

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
very nice collection! Thanks for posting it. Your are nearly 90 and still out shooting. Good for you.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
1644 - Outstanding, and good for you and your family too. Nice that you folks get together and shoot these historic pieces. M1D - wow!!

As an aside, and as a History Major who once upon a time had a fascination with the US Civil War, my math tells me that you were born in 1930. And your birth year, again if my math is correct, is only 65 years after our Civil War ended in 1865.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thank you for sharing those pieces of history. It's great that you are passing on your interest in firearms to your grandchildren in addition to the wonderful museum pieces.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
1644, were those civil war items passed down from a family member who served in the civil war?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the carbines were family heirlooms think of the stories
they could tell..........I wish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts