oSama Delayed SEAL team deployment 36 hours....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by questor, Apr 19, 2009.

1. questor

questor Member

Always wondered why the sealTeam didn't take out pirates when Phillips jumped into the water.. This sounds like Carter on the Iran Hostage rescue!

Bitch about Bush, but he let the commanders on the ground make the decisions!

Phillips jumped into the Indian Ocean with the idea of giving the snipers a clear target. However, the SEAL team was still under orders not to shoot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM JOSEPH FARAH'S G2 BULLETIN
    How oSama actually delayed pirate rescue
    SEAL team deployment stalled 36 hours, hampered by limited rules of engagement

Posted: April 18, 2009
    11:45 pm Eastern

WASHINGTON – While Barack oSama is basking in praise for his "decisive" handling of the Somali pirate attack on a merchant ship in the India Ocean, reliable military sources close to the scene are painting a much different picture of the incident – accusing the president of employing restrictive rules of engagement that actually hampered the rescue of Capt. Richard Phillips and extended the drama at sea for days.

Multiple opportunities to free the captain of the Maersk Alabama from three young pirates were missed, these sources say – all because a Navy SEAL team was not immediately ordered to the scene and then forced to operate under strict, non-lethal rules of engagement.

They say the response duty office at the Pentagon was initially unwilling to grant an order to use lethal force to rescue Phillips. They also report the White House refused to authorize deployment of a Navy SEAL team to the location for 36 hours, despite the recommendation of the on-scene commander.

The White House also turned down two rescue plans offered up by the Seal commander on the scene and the captain of the USS Bainbridge.

The SEAL team operated under rules of engagement that required them to do nothing unless the hostage's life was in "imminent' danger.

In fact, when the USS Bainbridge dispatched a rigid-hull inflatable boat to bring supplies to the Maersk Alabama, it came under fire that could not be returned even though the SEAL team had the pirates in their sights.

Many hours before the fatal shots were fired, taking out the three young pirates, Phillips jumped into the Indian Ocean with the idea of giving the snipers a clear target. However, the SEAL team was still under orders not to shoot.

Hours later, frustrated by the missed opportunities to resolve the standoff, the commander of the Bainbridge and the captain of the Navy SEAL team determined they had operational authority to evaluate the risk to the hostage, and took out the pirates at the first opportunity – finally freeing Phillips.

The G2 Bulletin report was authored by Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WND, and a veteran newsman with extensive military sources developed over the last 30 years.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

I just read this in an e-mail. It doesn't suprise me at all. :(

Art

3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I thoroughly believe that to be the truth. The CIC is a Puppet Idiot in Chief. I doubt the Navy respects him more because of this incident. :rolleyes:

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

This is very disturbing news if indeed true.

This is also starting to become a pattern that doesn’t play well for our true allies in the world. In a time of need when help is needed NOW, they can count that the USA will not be there to help them.

On a bigger scale, what is Obomba going to do if/when Israel attacks Iran? Just sit back and watch the whole middle east descend upon an ally?

5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Hey MarlinT, I heard my preacher say today how it was very interesting how Obama didn't bow to the Queen of England, as is tradition. He thought it novel and maybe a sign of change. I asked him after the service why Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia. All he could say was, "that's a good question..." I think we're seeing a pattern of allegiances being forged in very different places as of late. I don't know if it's scary or just expected. :confused:

6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

It developed as I expected. I'm glad operational commanders made the command decision to take the action. It will be interesting to follow the careers of those who said go. I wouldn't be suprised if they were frozen in grade. I believe Obama thought he had his commanders boxed in. Mabey Murtha will accuse all involve of murdering these poor disadvantaged children. Such devotion to duty can not be allowed to go unpunished by our misleaders.

7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I don't know the specifics of exactly what happened or who made the decision. I do know that if a commander went against presidential orders he should be severely disciplined. The president is the Commander and Chief of our armed forces and it was set up in the Constitution so that command of the armed forces would be in civilian hands.

It would be very dangerous if all the military commanders began following their own whims. That is the exact reason there are so many dictators in the world. When the military begins to operate indepenently of its civilian oversight it can only lead to disasterous conclusions.

I really don't much care for Pres. Obama but he is the person that has command over our military leaders. And unless he is using the military to violate the Constitution his directives to the military commanders should be obeyed.

By the way lets find and support a canidate in 2012 that will stand up for the Constitution and the values that made this country great.