The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TFF Chaplain
20,387 Posts
That's about how my shoulder looked first time I shot s15-20 rounds through a .45-70 . It was sight in, squeez the trigger, hear the bang, feel the recoil,...wait for it...wait for it...OW. Reload, repeat. It was interesting watching the colors change over time.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks like he missed that pocket we were taught as kids.

My daughter dated a guy who worked and drove for a moving company. He was big and strong enough to carry your refrigerator in without a dolly. Yet let him sight in a 12 ga slug gun and he wined like a baby. I had to get the scoped .22 out for him to practice shooting with a scope. I wonder if it was aggravating the forming arthritis in his shoulders from all the abuse he gave them moving heavy furniture.

·
GUNZILLA
7,010 Posts
He is off by a few inches . He needs to come up with a story in case he goes swimming. My go to is I was thrown off the bull and got stepped on. Feel free to use it.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,734 Posts
That’s what I looked like from my shoulder to my knee several years when a guy ran a stop sign and I got t-boned. Maybe a little more purple and black.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I believe your son misinterpreted the meaning of “shoulder the gun”.

The only time I had bruising shooting a gun was with my Contender handgun with a 14” 45/70 barrel. It was my left temple that got bruised when I was shooting from a bench with 405 gr bullets and I didn’t have my arms stretched out far enough and upon recoil, the blasted thing hit my head. Good thing that no one was watching at me at the time. There was a reason I called it the “Ouch Meister”. Death at both ends of that hand canon.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,387 Posts
Call me wimp ! I have no pride , I will use a recoil pad and a lead lead every chance I can !!!!!
We have nothing to prove these days. We've been there, done that, and suffered the injuries. We've learned our lessons and don't need a repeat lesson.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts