The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Leaches put a couple of leaches on and it will be gone in a couple of days. Arm fixed.
Humm, flboots can you elaborate on how a leach can clear up broken blood vessels ?
And then please send me some because they cant live in our harsh winter climate.
Send to :
Larry Leach
870 Wingmaster RD.
Deep Bruise City WA

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Humm, flboots can you elaborate on how a leach can clear up broken blood vessels ?
And then please send me some because they cant live in our harsh winter climate.
Send to :
Larry Leach
870 Wingmaster RD.
Deep Bruise City WA
I’m bet you already know how leaches can be used medically, but in case you don’t. Leaches are used for amputated reattached of limbs and digits where blood vessels are not reconnected and allowing blood to accumulate at the healing reattachment point. If this blood is not removed, it can become gangrenous. The leaches can remove this accumulated blood without breaching the outer dermis/skin. This also allows for a refreshing of oxygenated blood to aid in mending and regeneration connective tissue. As for leaches used to help heal bruised tissue. It mite be used if the bruise injury was severe enough where blood vessels were ruptured and blood was accumulating which like the example of amputation, could cause complications for the healing process. One of the side benefits of the medical use of leaches is their saliva is anti-bactirial. This also helps with healing damaged tissue regrowth by localizing the anti bodies.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ouch lol. When I was a kid I still remember the first time I shot skeet. I was pretty young and went through a couple boxes of shells. I wanted to keep shooting and they told me that was enough for my first time? Next day it hurt to raise my arm lol. I don't remember having a visible bruise on my shoulder, but I sure remember being sore.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sometime back in the '60s Winchester had their own trap ranges. I remember when Dad took me to one and he rented a Winchester 1400 with the stock that had some sort of built in shock absorber (Hydra-Coil) and was in two parts. There was also a coach there to help me walk in the shots which has helped to this day. But the sad thing is that in the late '70s i saw one of those shotguns for sale and didn't buy it. Maybe because it was a Winchester 1200 or 1400 and at the time they were getting some bad publicity for being inexpensively made with so many stamped parts. I remember one lgs comparing them and their lower prices to sewing machines. I don't understand the connection since to run like a sewing machine is a good thing, but that was the climate in those days as I remember it. Maybe because it was a wood finished plastic stock and that was new back in those days. And it was PLASTIC and didn't have the appeal of real wood. That was a real turn off when compared to a nice oil finished wood stock. That shotgun would have been great for slugs when sighting in off the bench and I remember being very tempted to buy it. I guess you can still have something like that installed.

Winchester ~ 1400 Hydro-Coil Stock ~ 12 Gauge | Bass Pro Shops

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Send to :
Larry Leach
870 Wingmaster RD.
Deep Bruise City WA
Leaches suck up the bad blood like maggots eat the dead meat of a wound. I have read where some hospitals use both in some cases. As I don't live in DC Im not sure how I can send you a commiecrate(leach). But here in Florida the weather is turning nice and the cotton mouths and other poisonous snakes are coming out so Im not in a position to full fill the last request. lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts