Our friends at the UN

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/11/02 12:59:27 am)
    Reply Re: clouder
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Like busted ass.HEHEHEHEHE!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/11/02 8:10:53 am)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fartcloud~>

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 5/11/02 9:13:38 am

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/11/02 4:20:24 pm)
    Reply clouder
    Just to refresh your memory from a past post, clouder says:

Idsteff:
    Had it not been for the UN, President Truman could not have sent
    American troops to try and defend the Korean Peninsula. Odd that you
    should pick the Korean action as a UN failure. It was probably the best
    example of the UN playing a significant role in a military campaign.

Now I am going to help you with a few facts and statistics straight form the U.S. DOD and the U.N.

The figures do not include members of the host country, the Republic Of Korea and are from the period at the end of the conflict!These figures are for the non-communist forces!

Manpower--Total...413,550>>373,500 or 91% U.S. troop

Navy Manpower--Total...81,80>>73,000 or 92.5% U.S. troops

Air Manpower--Total...95,610>>or 99.98% U.S. troops

Casualties--Total...426,546>>or 944.95% U.S. troops

Funding--99.5% U.S.

The U.N.played no direct role in the funding, planning or execution of any tactical operation in the Korean conflict.The troops,other than American were there in token numbers to assist the U.S. in presecution of the war because they were offered training and equipment by the U.S.At no time was there ever a U.N. commander in the field with any specific U.N. troops to help the ROK in its struggle with the communist aggressors.At no time was there any funding by the U.N. except for humanitarian needs and this was also sponsored by the United States!

clouder: is this your idea of a "best example"of a "significant role" in a military campaign?Wow another reason not to have our troops serve under U.N. leadership!

I'll tell you what,I will work on my writing and pronunciation,you work on trying to educate yourself a bit so you don't make these hasty pronouncements before you know all your facts!

Just who has whos foot is in whos mouth now?

www.centurychina.com/history/krwarcost.html

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/11/02 5:28:50 pm)
    Re: clouder
    Where ya at Clouder? The suspense is killing me.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/11/02 5:53:53 pm)

Well I guess ...

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 5/11/02 6:55:35 pm

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/11/02 6:29:29 pm)
    I'll be right there.....can't see my car or drive my glasses!
    Ichibonitus has set in....

Lets hear it for the trumpets....
    Charlie D
    Time ta warm up Chosin Res.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 10:55:34 am)
    LTS:
    “This is just like social security and only, barely keeps folks alive....just as here. It only feeds money to the corrupt side and nothing for the common man.”

Do you really believe SS does nothing for the common man? That is an amazing statement, even for this board.

Clouder..

Le’clique:
    I’ll go one more time, knowing full well that the die is cast. It is unusual for me to be on this end of a discussion, not unprecedented, but unusual. Most of you here will blow with the prevailing wind; in this case, what the little band of merry men decide, I emphasize little.

I have answered, to the best of my limited knowledge of the Korean War (reserved), your questions. We were not protecting the Koreans, we were protecting the U.S. from the ‘Communist menace’ of the post-war era (WWII). A good thing, but we have never been honest about our motives. I did not say what share the U.S. carried in the conflict. It was no germane to issue being discussed. I did not say anything viv-a-vis UN commanders over U.S. troops (a bad idea). I did say WHO had a major impact in the worldwide campaign against small-pox. I did say UNIEF has fed millions. I did not say the UN was a good organization. I said it was unique and an organization like it was needed.

The Korean Army suffered greater losses in the first phase alone than did the U.S. Both deplorable statistics. And the Korean people to this day are grateful for our assistance. That is wearing thin as those that remember die off, but that is true everywhere in the world.

Idsteff takes my words out of context and he does it deliberately. And those of you who see it, and most don’t, are party to it. That’s okay with me. He also injects hot-button issues like the Puller (he deserves a capital letter on his last name too) affair and an anecdotal red-herring like the text book that have no bearing on the discussion. That kind of debate seems to impress you guys, why that’s so is a mystery I have tried to resolve for a long time. I see it on other boards as well, so you are not unique, matter of fact, common is the word that comes to mind.

So get out the cartoons with the flatulence and bare buttocks, they do help the writers incapable of expressing themselves otherwise. It’s childlike, yet somehow appropriate. Release the urge to type your replies in big and bold compensating letters, quite fruitless, the writer remains the same size, both intellectually and physically.

idsteff:
    “What does my "shrill voice" have anything to do with the debate,other than to show your argument is as shallow as your knowledge!” A fool needs no help to look foolish. True when I penned that the first time and still true.

“By the way you said Africa is ignored because they are of the wrong color. Have you any guess what color Kofee Anann is?” And again, so quick to make a feeble point, you miss the jist of what was said. You will remain a fool.

Clouder..

Edited by: Tac401 at: 5/13/02 12:24:51 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/13/02 11:27:35 am)
    clouder,

No need for editing in your post, the FFE forum
    is more laxed than the others however, curb
    your sarcastic remarks towards the staff here,
    no need for it and last warning!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/13/02 11:38:16 am)
    "This is just like social security and only, barely keeps folks alive....just as here. It only feeds money to the corrupt side and nothing for the common man. Even fed, they do nothing to improve themselves and it`s much like the survival in the nature. You adapt or die out. It`s happened over time and will continue too."

Clouder, though a general statement made by me, it rings true more than false. Though some truly do benefit from SS, the vast amounts do not. Invested in a different venue, private, would change this story. Much like what happened in the South Texas experimental group, who were allowed to opt out of SS and invest it privately. It was a success, but quickly banned because of the success of it. People cannot be trusted to manage their own monies, if given that option....the government would not have a hold on people as they do. Are you familar with that program? It tells volumns on my comment above.

T.F.F.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 11:55:12 am)
    TAC:
    Do you realize that of 49 posts on this thread only two people are NOT staff? TWO.

And my sarcasm? You can't see it coming this way as well? It's there, plain as day and as the vast majority of the posters on this thread are staff, who is posting it?

So, I can't agree with your stated position that this board is more tolerant or lax. I see several members combining to make a point. I don't play that way.

As I said from the git-go, ya want me gone, just say so.

Clouder..

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 11:56:37 am)
    LTS:

It would make an interesting thread but not here.

Clouder..

nighthawksh
    (5/13/02 11:59:02 am)
    Reply Re: the UN
    I will state again, I have seen "up close and personall" a lot of good, necessary, work done by the UN,,in Korea, in Greece, in Turkey, in Spain, in North Africa, and SE Asia,,from medical help, flood relief, food, educational help, plus more.

I must agree with Whitecloud, the UN is far from perfect, however, an organization such as that is absolutly essential in this crowed world we live in
    Stan H ,, nighthawk
    Sir; I may not agree with what you say
    But I shall defend unto death your right to say it

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/13/02 12:18:35 pm)
    Reply Re: the UN
    We'll agree to disagree then!
    nighthawksh, a good point you make, that is we do live in a crowded world, and all the more reason to get the U.N. out of it!

Quote:
    a lot of good, necessary, work done by the UN,,in Korea, in Greece, in Turkey, in Spain, in North Africa, and SE Asia,,from medical help, flood relief, food, educational help, plus more.

I say, "if all those places want the U.N., by all means let those countries work it out themselves!"

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/13/02 12:25:01 pm)
    Re: the UN
    Clouder is there a problem with you or what? I said
    leave the sarcasm towards the staff out of it, I
    don't care how many staff are participating to the
    thread, mutual respect is a must by anyone and
    those who can't comply with a few simple rules
    have the option to leave or in some cases be shown
    the door, if it was two sided and not getting carried
    away I'd say let the dual/debate continue however,
    staff will not engage in a pissing contest with you
    or any member here, we treat folks with respect
    and deserve no less in return sir.

Your posts are thought provoking to say the least
    and I for one am entertained by them, but please
    stick to the topic and treat folks as you are being
    treated.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 1:12:44 pm)
    Reply No Problem
    Tac:

All the below was directed toward me. Now mind you, I don’t have a problem with this, I can take care of myself, thank you. But for only one side of the debate to be censored is disconcerting to say the least.

you opened your cute little leftist mouth again---
    sometimes its best just to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid---
    it won't muck up your mind with too many facts---
    your self inflating attitude---
    you really do have a problem reading---
    as intelligent as you act---
    clowner---
    on the other hand you will probably enjoy their work (this in reference to a book supporting deviant sexual behavior)---
    Only in your warped dreams---
    Like busted ass.---
    fartcloud~> ---

Did the people posting the above get a nudge? Not that I saw. Is that discrimination? You tell me. Fair is fair and I haven’t seen that yet.

Clouder..

PS
    I am getting as tired of this as I think you are. But I cannot let what I perceive as an injustice go unchallenged. That’s Whiteclouder.

Clouder..

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/13/02 1:33:54 pm)
    Reply Re: No Problem
    Hot air, Fart Cloud,flatulent->

All the same Whiteclouder.
    I'm sure you can appreciate my clarifying this for you!

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 5/13/02 3:13:33 pm

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 2:02:24 pm)
    Zig:
    That's better. Obviously an aficionado.

Clouder..

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/13/02 2:06:07 pm)
    A lot of this is done for fun Clouder, and I appreciate you making note of the inuendo's... in which you've made your share as well.

Carry on

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/13/02 3:05:35 pm)
    Though many have never seen farting at twenty paces, setting them aflame at three could be interesting. I call it an even exchange, though some would claim the upper hand, speaking of hands......"hands along the water" and is a hand job, really a job?? Cides, I like petty stuff.....cause I`m petty.

LTS
    T.F.F.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/13/02 4:33:22 pm)
    zig:

I would never deny that I take literary swipes, it's my nature. But you will never see me attack a reasonable poster. Ignorance, racism, bombast, and pomposity get my attention. A liar will get my venom. I offer the bombast and pomposity myself and it gets the deserved attention.

So gas away in fun, my sense of humor is intact.

Clouder..

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 2:31:18 pm)

Quote:
    Do not the most moving
    moments of our lives find
    us all without words? -Charlie D-

nahhhhh ...

Cluck Cluck Ahhhhhhhhh

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 5/15/02 6:42:12 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 3:35:02 pm)
    Re: No Problem
    Never a truer word spoken CD!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 3:38:34 pm)
    C'mon zig, give it a go. One more time and then I think I'll leave this one. Been a blast.

Clouder..

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 4:30:31 pm)

TFF VMBB Email Tac

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 4:55:35 pm)
    Clouder,

The example was offered without specific direction, to be taken at will. Although I would not imagine you would need edification on the difference, I find it interesting that you would view such as an affront.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 5:18:57 pm)
    jeebs, oh Jeebs, would you please pass the reach around?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 5:29:22 pm)
    I didn't take it as an affront. Read the damn text for craps sake. What'n hells goin' on here. Do none of you think? Do you all simply come up with an answer and then somehow go find the question you like in what I say?

All right TAC, I'll leave it alone. Bet ya a buck everybody doesn't.

Clouder..

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 6:30:48 pm)
    Hey Clouder, by all means continue at will, I'm taking
    it as a blast at times, by all means give what you get
    compadre!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/19/02 7:34:32 am)

Quote:
    Do you all simply come up with an answer and then somehow go find the question you like in what I say?

Clouder, you have done it. You found out my secret. If you would let me borrow your secret answer book I would not have to do that

"I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/19/02 11:24:22 am)
    I'll make you a copy.

By the way, ya saved me a buck. Thanks.

Clouder..

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/19/02 5:46:05 pm)
    Where's Judge Dredd when ya need him???

trukr from brand X

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/20/02 9:22:19 am)
    and Clouder ... you know what you can do with that buck?

Dial 10-10-220 "lots of laughs"

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/20/02 10:39:40 am)
    Reply Re: The buck
    zig:

Not really. A little elucidation, maybe.

Clouder..

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/20/02 2:10:54 pm)
    Re: The buck
    OH NO!

Not more eloquent clarity elocution.......puleeeeze!

Charlie D
    Coz ya ta bubbl upyer detachd embochures........

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/20/02 4:42:54 pm)
    Different:

Did he mean to say "stuff it up your ass!"

That I could understand, how 'bout you?

Clouder..

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/20/02 6:29:03 pm)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/20/02 8:54:38 pm)
    Re: The buck
    who is getting electroduted Sharlie?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003