The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if there are restrictions where you are for traveling. My wife and I were going to head out to St. Louis Missouri to see her ailing father. He has bladder cancer and at 87 years of age is having difficulty with the treatments but otherwise well as he has good and bad days and needs another month to go.

She found out that since Texas is a hot spot that Oklahoma requires documentation that we are free of the virus and the test has to be at least a week old which here it has been difficult to get results that fast unless you are a professional football player or rank high in the political arena.
Another thing is that Missouri may or may not require us to quarantine ourselves for 2 weeks and that the test results for the virus are good for two weeks and we would need to test again.

Wife has been emotionally down also since she has not had injections for her back and her knees as she suffers from severe spinal stenosis and arthritis, the trip to her father usually takes us 3 days to get there because of her condition and we can only travel a few hours a day so that she can rest.

Was also wondering if the TFF barbecue for those attending were having the same issues. After finding out about the restrictions she has decided to postpone the trip.

·
Super Moderator
25,759 Posts
Manny,
About the only restrictions here are masks required in public places. And that's not really enforced. Some restaurants are open for dining in and some are still doing take-out and delivery only. Hotels and motels are open.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Sorry to read of your wife father's cancer.
Also, sorry that virus stuff has hindered your wife's treatments. Mama and I completely understand the travel problem. We have not been anywhere in years. We use could make trip to Alabama or Las Vegas going non-stop. Then was stopping half way and last couple times could not reserve a room anywhere for sure cause didn't know when one or both of us would have to stop for rest. Last trip to Las Vegas took us 3 days and we stayed there a month before attempting return home trip.
We will keep ya'll in our thoughts.

·
Premium Member
19,217 Posts
In Illinois we have a bunch of states if we go we have to quarantine for 14 days when we return. Had to pass on the TFF BBQ in TN as this is one of the states. I don't know how they can find out where you have been but I have been told they can. It's a $10,000 fine if you don't.

·
GUNZILLA
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how they can find out where you have been but I have been told they can.
It's on your phone, your gps in the car, and any electronic device one uses for that has map applications that are used for direction. On the phone it is easy to turn off by going to location services, but you will not be able to use it as a gps for directions.

Sorry to read of your wife father's cancer.
Also, sorry that virus stuff has hindered your wife's treatments. Mama and I completely understand the travel problem. We have not been anywhere in years. We use could make trip to Alabama or Las Vegas going non-stop. Then was stopping half way and last couple times could not reserve a room anywhere for sure cause didn't know when one or both of us would have to stop for rest. Last trip to Las Vegas took us 3 days and we stayed there a month before attempting return home trip.
We will keep ya'll in our thoughts.

Thank you. She has just got a phone call with some good news and she is scheduled for her injections next week for her knees. She is happy as these injections are what prolonging the need for her to get total knee replacements.

·
Super Moderator
38,552 Posts
We had to wear a mask to check in at the hotel but did not have to wear a mask to eat supperm the place was super busy and I saw only the employees wearing masks. No other restrictions that I am aware of.

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Manny, I'm not aware of any restrictions in Missouri. Some places say they require masks but evidently they aren't enforced. As howlin' mentioned, some restaurants are open for dining and others are still carry out. St.Louis County has had over 20,000 cases since this all began. St. Louis city I think is less than half that.

Locally I see "Now Hiring" signs literally everywhere and about every kind of business so apparently things are doing well here. We still stay home for the most part, however.

·
Super Moderator
25,759 Posts
Locally I see "Now Hiring" signs literally everywhere and about every kind of business so apparently things are doing well here. We still stay home for the most part, however.
I'm seeing "Now Hiring" signs everywhere.

·
GUNZILLA
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find it odd here to, but there are plenty of places where I am seeing hiring signs. Wife doubled checked again and to travel out of state through Oklahoma and Missouri because we are still considered a hot spot state the restrictions to enter Oklahoma and Missouri is the covid tests with documentation showing negative results and Missouri requirements state that we need to get tested again if after 7 days, in addition if we stay overnight anywhere we need to self quarantine for 14 days. The kind of luck I have is the kind that attracts bees to honey, I'll get pulled over just for having Texas license plates. I tried convincing the wife that I could drive the over 800 mile route to Missouri non-stop other than for fuel but she would not go for it. Can't say I blame her as I do not feel her pain.

·
Administrator
Into Antiques & C&R's
11,054 Posts
We are starting our trek home to Alabama tomorrow. Leaving South Dakota, driving thru Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. We will have overnight stops in Nebraska and Missouri. Then 4 nights in Illinois and 5 nights in Kentucky.

Maybe we will make it by the end of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts