P .38 Holster with Swastika

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Sybaris22
    (4/24/02 2:45:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All P .38 Holster with Swastika
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a P .38 holster (with P .3 that has been in my family since the end of WWII and it's different than any I've seen or found information on. The leather is grained and is a deep brown, not smoothe black like most I've seen. Also, on the flap is a small brass or bronze swastika that is slightly embedded into the leather. It's about 1 - 1 1/2 inches wide. I've never seen a holster with a swastika on it. Is this something that some bored soldier did or was there a series made like this? Any info would be much appreciated.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 2:50:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: P .38 Holster with Swastika
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Sybaris22! Your holster sounds interesting, and I must admit I haven't seen any kicking around the local collector's circles or gunshows. However, I am more a fan of the Spanish pistols and not the German. Hopefully someone will be along shortly that can have some gleaming info on this!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (4/24/02 4:23:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: P .38 Holster with Swastika
    Welcome aboard Sybaris22, I've never seen a P-38 holster with a small brass or bronze swastika in the leather. I believe that there were two types of holsters used for the p-38. One was a hard shell and the other (like yours) a soft shell. You might also want to try asking the same question over on the German mauser forum at pub36.ezboard.com/fk98kpagefrm1. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum