The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
I thought that was a Steppenwolf song from the early 70's. But a .378 Weatherby mag necked down to .224 would be an earsplitten loudenboomer.

·
Super Moderator
40,005 Posts
He sure came up with a humorous name. Took a 378 Weatherby Magnum and necked it down to .224, then fired it from a 52" barrel
What the heck, last we heard from you, you were taking a friend hunting. Instead of getting on that thread and telling us how it went, you come up with this!!

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Years ago a gunsmith I had work on a few guns had what looked to be a 50 caliber BMG case necked down to hold a .22 or maybe a 6mm bullet sitting on his countertop. He had a goofy name for it too, but I forget what it was.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Years ago a gunsmith I had work on a few guns had what looked to be a 50 caliber BMG case necked down to hold a .22 or maybe a 6mm bullet sitting on his countertop. He had a goofy name for it too, but I forget what it was.
When you neck size something like a 50-cal. case to hold a 22 or 6mm bullet then you are getting into a type of reloading/ammo called Saturn. This was actully quite common during the 1970s and through to the early 80s and then just kind of faded away and that was the end of the search for the 5,000 FPS bullet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts