PA-63 Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

the real fredneck
    (12/13/01 7:23:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All PA-63 disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do you field strip a PA-63? BTW Doc, Mesen really likes the new arrival, thumbs up to you sir.

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/13/01 9:13:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: PA-63 disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very good, I'm glad she likes it.

Field disassembly is similar to the Walther series of pistols. Make sure it is unloaded and drop the magazine. The trigger guard pivots downward. With it pivoted downward, the slide can be moved to the rear, tilt the rear of the slide upward and remove the slide forward off the frame.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    (12/13/01 4:08:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: PA-63 disassembly
    Mag ramp no go - whack it?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

the real fredneck
    (12/13/01 6:24:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: PA-63 disassembly
    Next question, what's the deal with the safety? is it a 3 position? does the hammer fall on DA pistols when you put it on safe?

AntiqueDr
    (12/13/01 7:56:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: PA-63 disassembly
    Two positions, safe and fire. Most DA/SA pistols, including the Walther PP series the PA63 is patterned after, use a decocker system. When you put the pistol on safe, it will decock the hammer. If you hold the hammer to the rear when you put the safety on, you will see that the safety lever prevents the hammer from falling onto the firing pin.

Berettas, S&W's, Walthers, etc all have this feature.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

2. BudDog

BudDog New Member

I know this is an old thread... I have one of these PA-63's and I know it is a two position safety but the safety feels like it falls in three distinct positions. I took one apart and there are clearly two detents. If anyone can elaborate on what this is about, please do. It has always confused me.

Thank you,
    BudDog