The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, fine. make fun of me and my ability to find old archaic machines.:eek:

I picked up a pacific DL-155 shotshell press and am getting ready to make a whole bunch of target loads. I have 2 pounds of clays powder and 50 pounds of #8 along with the win AA 2 3/4 hulls and waa12 wads.

according to hodgden's site I need 16-18.1 grains of powder. I'm leaning more towards 17g

problem I have is how do I find or determine the correct bushing for my press?

while we're at it I also need a 1 1/8 oz shot bushing (I only have 1 1/4oz)

my measurements are as follows
powder bushing OD=0.871
shot bushing OD=1.000

both have a height of 1.000

can I simply make my bushings smaller by using JB weld and filing away until my desired loads fit. I would rather find the correct bushings. I see them on ebay and other places online but I have no chart telling me what size I need

·
Registered
323 Posts
Easy solution.......purchase Hornady 366 bushings. Hornady and Pacific use the same OD's for their bushings. Another choice is to adapt a MEC powder bushing to the Pacific bar.

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are the hornady's 1" tall?

mecs have a 3/4" square bar where mine is 1" tall

·
Registered
323 Posts
Pictured below is a Hornady 366 charge bar along with a Pacific DL-155 bar, the bushings are interchangeable. The measurments for the bar and bushings are the same. I also have some Bair (brass) bushing that also interchnge as well.

Remember, Hornady bought out Pacific and kept much of the original designs and specs, the Hornady 366 was originally a Pacific press.

The DL-155 bar pictured here also has an adapted MEC powder bushing installed.

Attachments

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
checked with LGS last night. Hornady bushings in stock for $2.75 each. got what I need and may get more just in case.

thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts