The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it stay in place even if your jeans are loose? was looking at fobus paddle holster for walther p22 says it locks in place but i don't see anything on it, button or anything that u push to release gun? anybody know anything about it?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
it is more than likely held in place by retention.
try some out at your LGS, they are usaly more then happy to let you se how they fit your firearm and yes sometimes how they fit you.
after all good quality holsters can be spendy. So it would be a good sale for them.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Beth I have had three. The best was a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster that I used with a J frame S&W but I have sold both gun and holster. I now have two of the Fobus paddles, one for my Ruger LCP and another for my Glock 19. Retention of the gun in the holster is very good. Securing the holster on my pants/belt is ok as long as I make sure the "hooks" on the holster have properly engaged my belt/pants. If I do that they have worked fine but it does require a good belt as do most holsters. They set the gun out away from the body a bit more that some types of holsters making concealment more difficult. I am always in search for the best holster for me and I have not found it yet and the drawer is getting full of the failures, ha. I guess I would say that the Fobus paddle is a good deal for the money and I have not put mine in the failure drawer yet.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
I use a paddle with my Llama 9mm. soon to be switching to one from here..http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

I have one of these for my tatus 605 revolver and it is the most comfortable holster for concealmant I have ever owned!

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok just ordered the fobus see how that one is, do u need a special belt size for paddle?

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
I wear a paddle for CCW with my Glock 17.
It is an Itac Defense, made in Israel.
Very secure, could be a LITTLE closer to the body, but that would make the angle adjustment on it difficult. Lock is very secure. Using the usual drawing motion, with the trigger finger laying flat forward along the slide, the finger is on the release button. Very little practice required for the draw to be as fast as with a non-locking holster.
Belt size is not too critical with it, as the two locking spurs are on the inside of your jeans and will work fine in any case.

For CCW, the wider the belt the closer the gun will ride to your body, though.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
for belts I like 511 tactical. realy sturdy belts.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use an 1-1/2" tactical nylon belt old habit from my coast guard days. works well for me. I also have another 1-1/4" leather belt for when I gotta put on fancy duds

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
rigger style belts are great, I use one I made from parachute webbing/buckles and V-ring, wear them for work too so I can snaphook into aircraft/vehicles. but fantastic belts, most are running around $35-40.

I use a paddle holster here and there, especially at the range when shooting a bunch of different pistols, easier to switch holsters.

They stick out a bit more than regular belt loop holsters or IWB's but are pretty decent. Most have a hook on the bottom inside to grab your belt to keep the holster from coming out.

personally, Fobus is the harbor freight of plastic holsters, they do work fine but are not my first choice. Blackhawk serpa's have a finger lock retention function to make it harder to be disarmed or lose your gun. plus they come with both paddle and a belt loop attachment and on top of that, you can adjust the angle any way you want.

·
Super Moderator
38,462 Posts
I have paddle style holsters for my 1911, Sig P250, and my Sig P238. They are retention holsters and hold the weapon very securely. They have a "screw" or a 'bolt" (whatever you want to call it) that you can tighten or loosen to suit your needs. You can get it so tight that you can't pull the gun out at all so you need to test putting the gun in and pulling the gun out to see how much tension you need.

You don't really need to have a belt on with a paddle holster if you don't want one. The paddle can just slip down into the waist band of your jeans but will work better with a belt. The paddle has a lip on it that catches on the inside of your waistband and holds it in place so you can get your pistol out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.