Paintball Visit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TranterUK, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I can report on my first visit to a paint-ball place. Though I didn't play, I left that to my son and two young friends. I was impressed. Despite a lot of green, there were no pseudo military overtones and everyone had a great time. The guy running it had some serious military background, so it was well run and organised.

Below is a picture of my son, his school friend and our visiting German teen. All smiling for the camera!

Also a picture of a chap on site who looked, well, familiar?

Attached Files:

2. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Your son looks just like you....right? :)

So glad a good time was had by all! My 3 children love to paintball, as well, and there is a "paintball park" not too far from us that has several themed areas in which to fight/play.

My daughter used to come home after a day of it, proudly showing me the bruises of honor she'd received....this same girl who would bake treats for her horse, and make purses from old BDU's...and yes, the same girl who's now in Iraq. But I digress....

Is that other "character" there for target practice??

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I am kinda used to cryptic talk, so if by right you mean the one on the right, your right....

4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

5. There's a definite family resemblance I would say, 4Evr. ;) Breeding will tell, you know. :rolleyes:

Tranter, I'm surprised the Liberals haven't gotten around to banning paintball yet. Surely they have tried I would think. :(

6. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban it here, for the children sake. :rolleyes: :eek:

Glad the young ones had a good time Tranter, soon they'll make fun politically incorrect. :(

Art

7. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I used to paintball all the time, had to quit because the field I worked at closed and it was going to cost me $100 a week without the work paying for my paint :mad:. Paintball is awesome!

8. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I used to play, till they started using solid rubber paintballs, never been able to run the same......

9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Interesting. The balls they used were not hard, though did bruise when hitting a soft spot.

I brought some home out of interest, I may now do some hardness testing. Put one in a plastic bag and see how much pressure it takes to break it.

10. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

They used solid rubber, no paint at all, but I got them back in my own speciel way ;)

11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Good memories!!! Thanks Martin. :)

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

12. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Different paint is different. Talk is jackasses will freeze them, but I ain't never seen it in person- and I used to ref at my field.

They are just filled with vegetable oil. Outside temperature can make a big difference (warmer they hurt less and pop easier, colder vice versa).

13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Freezing paint is often talked about, but in my experience, is a seldom occurrence. Freezing causes the inside liquid to sit on one side of the sphere and once it is propelled from the marker (paintball gun) it will fly erratically... Currently, the sport of paintball is not known for extreme accuracy to begin with, so frozen paint wobbling across the field or bursting in the barrel of your gun does not impress your team mates who are depending on you to do your part.

Just my .002

Crpdeth

14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah We had some yayhoos where I was who used solid rubber balls too. Those things will definately relocate a testicle when hit.I know from experience. I had an old VM68 semi auto with a pressure regulater and the feller that was using the rubber balls got a nice shot to the back of the head a close range with about 500 PSI behind it. It blew the rings out of my paintball gun but it was worht the one shot to see him hit his knees.

15. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I used to play a lot till it got to expensive and I needed the cash more than the fun. I had a Tippman ProLite with a J&J hard chrome barrel. I did a lot of sniping so I didn't go though a lot of paint. The only problem we had was with people having their regulators set too high. We had a 300 fps max and a chrony to check with.