Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

DarkStar11Redux
    (2/27/02 6:37:45 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A month or so ago, I mentioned this was in the works. So here it is, version 1.0:

GBPalm 1.0
    Copyright 2002, Mad Cow Networks
    GBPalm 1.0 is a web clipping application for the 3Com Palm VII organizer. It will also run on other Palm Pilot (and compatible) modules using the Mobile Internet Kit and a modem (wired or wireless). It allows you to search ************* current and completed auctions for prices and details of items that have been sold or are currently up for auction. It will also display the seller's feedback rating. This allows you to determine what the actual market price might be -- or if you can get a better deal at GunBroker -- for that item you're contemplating buying at the gun show, pawn shop, etc.

You can get it here.
    Enjoy! Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!
    Thanks....

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/27/02 9:03:19 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That could come in handy at a big gun show.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/27/02 9:32:41 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions
    Tried out your software, but am having a problem.

First off, I like the pistol icon that pops up on the display.

When I tap on the pistol nothing happens. I think it's my fault on this end as I'm not real familiar with the Palm. It's a palm Vx and the only type of internet connection I have for it is reading my email from MS IE. Is there anything I can do to get it to work with the setup I have over here?

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

DarkStar11Redux
    (2/27/02 11:58:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions
    A couple of questions for you:
    1) Are you actually connected to the Internet either wirelessly or wired? Or do you get your email from MS IE only after you synch your palm and PC? If the latter it will not work. You have to have an active connection to the Internet.
    2) What version of Palm OS are you running?

Thanks! Your feedback helps!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/28/02 2:31:58 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Palm OS Software For Checking GunBroker Auctions
    I guess I'm out of luck as I get my email from MS IE only after I synch the palm.

As to what version I'm using, I don't know off hand. It's the same version that was shipped with the Palm.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum