The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pam has been a TV hog for a long time now. To watch the shows I like I have to go upstairs to to the loft and watch what I like with the sound turned so low I can barely hear it.

Today while shopping at Fred Myers I wandered over to the Electronics department while she was shopping for new clothes. I found a set of Wireless Digital Head Phones. Just the ticket! I can go upstairs and watch what I like and not hear her Reruns of Golden Girls, The Waltons, Mama's Family etc.

Now I can watch the shows I like and not bother her TV Viewing at all. $50 well spent!

·
Premium Member
17,170 Posts
I bought my wife some wireless headphones a couple years ago. We have the same problem here as you. Some of her shows she watches should be banned. Like these morning women talk shows!:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the Wireless head phones last night. Sound quality is great. It beats the old set of Headphones I have that are wired only. No more stringing a cable across the floor to use them. The wireless set has a 100 foot range so I can listen to the Cable Oldies music channel anywhere in the house or on our patio.

·
TFFWPP President
13,470 Posts
Wife has Netflix going for background noise in living room. When I want to watch something I go to my gun room. I have a 42" TV with surround sound. Lately I've been watching Oak Island series. It doesn't bother her and she is happy

·
9,026 Posts
Wife has Netflix going for background noise in living room. When I want to watch something I go to my gun room. I have a 42" TV with surround sound. Lately I've been watching Oak Island series. It doesn't bother her and she is happy
I am waiting for the new Oak Island to start.
When does it start?

·
TFFWPP President
13,470 Posts
I am waiting for the new Oak Island to start.
When does it start?
Likely when Marty rebuilds his funds. I've only made it to the episode where they find 4" round log pieces and a wedge

·
GUNZILLA
5,955 Posts
I have the digital head phones too. My wife's hearing is so keen, she can hear what you are thinking. I on the other hand after spending 6 years in artillery not so keen. The headphones work great even when we both watch the same movie because I can raise the volume on the headphones to my comfort level and the volume of the TV is at her comfort level.

Reactions: Gudaki and tedwitt

·
9,026 Posts
I have the digital head phones too. My wife's hearing is so keen, she can hear what you are thinking. I on the other hand after spending 6 years in artillery not so keen. The headphones work great even when we both watch the same movie because I can raise the volume on the headphones to my comfort level and the volume of the TV is at her comfort level.
That's the way mine are, after hearing big truck engines and turbos whine for 45 years, I can't even hear a small air leak.

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,871 Posts
Dang, after being married for the 65 years that we have been, it just seems comical to
this old "Yes, Dear" guy to have to be so compatible ....Mary has her Korean videos
that she constantly watches and I have my FOX things, it just doesn't seem sound is a
problem....I hear the sounds of the oriental lingo and to find out what is going on
with those sounds, I go in to watch and read the print outs there on the screen...
When she happens to hear something exciting FOX is spewing, she comes out to
ask...most times either of those events happen, we head for the kitchen for some
snacks and drinks....those Korean programs have the most beautiful wardrobes and
sets....constant intrigue and mystery, both for ancient periods and present day...Chief

Reactions: Gudaki and tedwitt

·
9,026 Posts
Dang, after being married for the 65 years that we have been, it just seems comical to
this old "Yes, Dear" guy to have to be so compatible ....Mary has her Korean videos
that she constantly watches and I have my FOX things, it just doesn't seem sound is a
problem....I hear the sounds of the oriental lingo and to find out what is going on
with those sounds, I go in to watch and read the print outs there on the screen...
When she happens to hear something exciting FOX is spewing, she comes out to
ask...most times either of those events happen, we head for the kitchen for some
snacks and drinks....those Korean programs have the most beautiful wardrobes and
sets....constant intrigue and mystery, both for ancient periods and present day...Chief
Chief, I thought you were going to say you had selective hearing. LOL

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well I wish I had your problems, my only listener has been my dog but since I moved next door to my friend and we cut a dog hole in the fence I have to go over there to visit her. One of his dogs has staked out one of my recliners as her property but only uses it at her discretion. 69F88BB5-879E-4C3E-859C-8EEA9C80DC21.jpeg EC173C72-241F-4CA8-80FD-DE2D9B195ECF.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts