pandemonium is among us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

gpostal
    (9/11/01 7:13:13 pm)
    pandemonium is among us
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just got back from wally-world stocked up of 500.00 worth of groceries ,pandemonium seams to be rampant ,people buying ammo ,trying to buy guns ,the gas stations are packed, police are guiding them in and out ,with rumors of gas going to five and even eight dollars a gallon

times like this i am glad i live in the country ,with plenty of fresh running water and wildlife

NeoDebo
    (9/11/01 7:33:43 pm)
    Re: pandemonium is among us
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, folks, easy now!

A tragedy of monumental proportions? Yes. The end of the world? No.

There will be plenty of food, fuel, etc. This ain't the last day. The sun WILL come up tomorrow morning.

Panic for a day or so, possibly, but it won't last. Just sit tight. Resolve and logic will prevail.

As far as it is possible to know on this earth, and as far as I can tell, if Jesus Christ decends from the heavens tomorrow morning and settles on the White House lawn with all of his angels, then someone will still have to cook supper tomorrow night.

Let's all start peelin' 'taters (figuratively speaking) and 'tending to those things which need our attention.

I pray for those who were killed and wounded, and for their families and loved ones who remain behind and grieve...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/11/01 7:37:57 pm)
    You said it all Debo. I would hope people don`t add to this type of cowardice and fuel the fire that these people want. I would also hope that these folks who are jacking up the price of gas for profit on fear, not only get busted for it......but go straight to hell............

gpostal
    (9/11/01 8:07:38 pm)

people panicking scares me more than anything at this point ,i was going to the grocery store anyway ,but thought why not by a little extra i usually spend around 250.00 anyway

i just hope our citizens don't make it worse than it is by panic ,there is a possibility it isn't over ,they could wait a few days and do something else

TallTLynn
    9/11/01 8:13:17 pm)
    gpostal - I'm wondering the same thing myself - when will the other shoe drop on us...

Tac401
    (9/11/01 8:41:41 pm)
    My self and my family are locked & loaded just
    to be on the safe side for now.

Zigzag2
    (9/11/01 9:32:25 pm)
    Be aware of what is going-on around us, at all times.
    As Debo writes, "Resolve and logic will prevail".

the real fredneck
    (9/12/01 6:59:45 am)
    Isn't war profiteering still against the law? Why aren't the cops enforcing these laws? Let's hang the gas gougers from the same limb as bin Laden and leave them for the crows to pick.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/12/01 7:18:25 am)
    I didn`t do anything different yesterday, but was out and about. I saw what the prices on gas were yesterday, here, if I find them gouging.....I WILL TURN THEM IN!!! I would hope everyone that finds this would do the same.

shooter45 us
    (9/12/01 7:47:34 am)
    Yesterday a convience store in Chattanooga,Tn. raised the price of gas from $1.36 to $2.49. Within 15 min. the store and parking lot were empty and remains that way today. The fellow who owns the store is out of business.
    The prices in my town went up .05 per gal. We had two Middle Eastern families in town. One owned a motel and the other had a convience store. Both closed up and left town. I wonder if they were asked to leave.

TallTLynn
    (9/12/01 6:33:11 pm)
    I'm glad to see that some people didn't let panic totally take over and make that store owner money - nice to see his place is empty.

I do however feel for the two middle eastern families that have now left - as many muslim religious leaders have said in this country - we are Americans foremost and those who did this cowardly deed should be gotten rid of. Let us not forget that this country is made up of every race and color and that many who died were as likely to have been Arab descent as not.

Please let us not go after those who are citizens of this great country or who have come here because they wished to be rid of the repressiveness of their home country. They are after all the same as we are - American!

gpostal
    (9/12/01 7:22:37 pm)
    i agree tlynn ,not everyone of middle eastern decent are like that ,i know of a few that are really good people ,and they are here to get away from that crap over there ,some of them are Christian and not Muslim

it would be like someone coming after me because some skin-heads kill a black ,because i am German ,and cant grow hair

zombiedawg
    (9/13/01 1:05:54 pm)
    Do not let the fact that people of Middle Eastern descent are all evil. That could not be further from the truth. As easy as it would be to categorize all as bad people , we need to know that Muslim is a religion and the terrorists are twisting the beliefs to their needs. Muslims are not the enemy. The bastards that are using this as their platform are fanatics and do not deserve the mercy from any God. I do not believe that killing innocent people is what their God is telling them to do.
    Do not let paranoia fuel this problem in America.
    Alot of these people have families and are just as incensed as the rest of us about this act of cowardice. Do not make them live in fear for their safety

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.